Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mad Men a little spoiler

OMG MM is goooooood tonight. I had no idea Don's boss (the old man) knew he was not the real Don. wow. and Duckie....when he said what he wanted to do with and to Peggy my mouth flew open and I forgot to close it. Hot Damn.

I still say that little girl is crazy.

Doctor Title Is Closer image

Re: Mad Men a little spoiler

• Indeed -- Bertram Cooper knew Don's real identitiy in Episode 1 -- remember Pete blew his cover? And old man Cooper replied, "Mr. Campbell? Who cares!"

Don hallucinated and saw Archie Whitman. "you're a bum" is reminiscent of Jimmy Barrett saying "You're garbage."

• It was a very good episode tonight.  So crazy with Peggy and Duck!

I don't know what Betty sees in Henry Francis other than his interest in her.  That fainting couch in front of the fireplace in the living room cracked me up.

I thought the 2 scenes with Don and Peggy were the best.  One where Don gave Peggy a verbal dress down (Elisabeth Moss is an incredible actress) and the morning after for her walk of shame and his bandage on his nose.

I want Joan back soon!

• Remember when Peggy asked Kurt "Why do I always pick the wrong boys"? Well, Peggster, you've done it again: yuck to the zillionth power: Duck Phillips!

And she fell for that corny assed line of his, too. She still has a lot to learn, evidently.

• Great episode. I've been wondering if Cooper'd ever need to play the trump card. I wonder how the "no contact with Sterling" thing is going to work out. Hah.

Peggy + Duck = *shudder*

I agree, the scene between Peggy & Don was really great.  And I also agree that I want Joan back! 

[url="http://ellysaysopa.com"]my food blog[/url]
  • image TarponMonoxide:

Remember when Peggy asked Kurt "Why do I always pick the wrong boys"? Well, Peggster, you've done it again: yuck to the zillionth power: Duck Phillips!

And she fell for that corny assed line of his, too. She still has a lot to learn, evidently.

This!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt117467.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I didn't think Peggy fell for a line as much as she was vulnerable b/c of the verbal beat-down from Don.  Plus, she's owning her sexuality and doing what she wants.

This was one of the first episodes where I truly felt Don was an unlikeable character.  I know a lot of you are like "of course he's unlikeable" or "my God I love Don."  The drugs and driving, his treatment of Peggy, his attitude about the contract....

• image mavjen:

I thought the 2 scenes with Don and Peggy were the best.  One where Don gave Peggy a verbal dress down (Elisabeth Moss is an incredible actress) and the morning after for her walk of shame and his bandage on his nose.

Definitely the best. I also loved the scene when Cooper made Don sign the contract. How smart that he kept the info about *** Whitman under his belt until he needed to use it.

Good recap: http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/09/mad-men-seven-twenty-three-looking-at.html

• I think that Don is learning that the world is changing and the things he was able to get away with before are having nastier and nastier consequences. ?Contrast his little adventure with the rich nomads he met in Season 2 with the couple he met in last night's episode -- instead of free-wheeling, free-loving unorthodox people, he is meeting people with less honorable intent. ?

• Last night's episode was great, although I think I need to watch some parts again.  I was super tired last night.

I have to say, the best line for me was Don telling Conrad Hilton "How do you know I'm not late because I was spending time with my family reading the Bible?"  I laughed out loud.  He may be a liar and a cheat, but he's got a quick wit.

• image Simpsongal1:

I didn't think Peggy fell for a line as much as she was vulnerable b/c of the verbal beat-down from Don.  Plus, she's owning her sexuality and doing what she wants.

This was one of the first episodes where I truly felt Don was an unlikeable character.  I know a lot of you are like "of course he's unlikeable" or "my God I love Don."  The drugs and driving, his treatment of Peggy, his attitude about the contract....

Not so much how he snarled at Peggy -- ugh -- he's irresponsible -- remember, he picked up and took off with Joy and the Eurotrash; he didn't know Joy and the Eurotrash at all.

And he was drinking and driving the night he was with Bobbie. Don was really being a D!ck both those times, too, the same as Don was really being a D!ck when he took the reds from those highschoolers.

And I'm not certain "reds" was the word in 1963. It's more a Seventies kind of word. Usually they called them Milltowns.