Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

IL's Wedding Anniversary Dinner

2»

Re: IL's Wedding Anniversary Dinner

• image zitiqueen:

image GBCK:
    Bring your own Chix and noodles?

CUBE STEAK, DAMMIT!

I was thinking they could go to McD's before hand and when they mess up the order, her DH could prove what a great man he is by yelling at the manager - even after the manager offers to fix their order.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where I couldn't find one thing I couldn't eat. I mean, I don't like seafood, but even I can find something on the menu at a seafood joint that I can eat.

image Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image susiederkins:

I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where I couldn't find one thing I couldn't eat. I mean, I don't like seafood, but even I can find something on the menu at a seafood joint that I can eat.

Same here!  There is one restaurant in our area (old school seafood!) that truly has NO entree's that aren't seafood, and even there, i manage to find something.

Heck, I can't tell you how many crab feasts I've been to in my life and I manage not to starve.  I eat what I can and I focus on the company - which is always great. I acutally LOVE going to crab feasts, even though I don't eat the main component!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• image EastCoastBride:
    image zitiqueen:

image GBCK:

CUBE STEAK, DAMMIT!

I was thinking they could go to McD's before hand and when they mess up the order, her DH could prove what a great man he is by yelling at the manager - even after the manager offers to fix their order.

BAH!  HA! HA! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • Just deal with it.  It's their anniverary, so they get to pick.  If you can't tolerate ANYTHING on the menu, you sound like the picky eater.  It's hard to believe there is truly nothing you can stand on the menu.
  • My SIL is a very picky eater and I've seen her eat off the kid's menu, which usually has chicken fingers or grilled cheese. That's a simple solution--you could ways say you're not too hungry or have had an upset stomach.
  • image livinitup:
    image EastCoastBride:
    image zitiqueen:

image GBCK:

CUBE STEAK, DAMMIT!

BAH!  HA! HA! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Somethings will never got old. Not ever.

And you all are clearly missing the obvious solution of a vow-b-que.

image Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • uh...could you be any ruder?

go and deal.  are you 5 years old?

• Is it really going to ruin your life that you end up eating ONE MEAL that you're not completely thrilled with? 

Shut your mouth and act like you're enjoying the shyt out of whatever you eat at this chain restaurant. 

Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • I'm still dying to know which restaurant this is. I can think of my least favorite place ever and still manage to find a menu item to choke down.
  • Have your ILs eaten there before? If not, then I think it's ok to mention that you've had less-than-good experiences there.

If they have been there and still like it you have to suck it up and eat there.

- Jena