Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Computer help if possible...

So long story short, my old laptop died, it was going to cost a bunch to fix, made no sense considering how old it was so I just bought a new one. The techs were able to recover my old information (thank goodness since I kept procrastinating buying a backup system - lesson learned) and gave me an external hard drive. Well now I can't seem to transfer files from the hard drive to my new computer. It says access denied...I am guessing this is because my login was password protected. DH's login wasn't and his stuff transferred just fine. So I figured out how to transfer the access, however it requires me to go through this on every single file...well there are 100s of pictures to go through. Surely there is an easier way to do this! Anyone know how or if this makes any sense to anyone? I called Microcenter (who were my techs) and they won't explain it over the phone since it is a service they provide...um, come on, I'm sure it would take two seconds to explain and I can't really run down to the store that easily these days.

So if someone knows what I am trying to do, please help! Thanks!

Re: Computer help if possible...

• If I am reading correctly.. you got files to the external drive but it is still protected when you try to transfer to your new lappy..  I'm not sure why it would be protected.  Have you tried right clicking a selection of the same type of file and clicking properties to see if there is some kind of encryption or protection selected (that you can deselect)?  That is all I can think of that may be causing trouble.  Good luck!