Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

finished P90X lean...

and i'm definitely burned out on it.  this last week or so has been miserable.

now then, i'm training for a 10k at the end of september. i have short runs during the week (roughly 30 min) then a long run on the weekend.  i'm thinking that i could still manage some of the workouts... which ones would you suggest for upper body?  i might do legs/back once a week, but IDK yet.

i wasn't in love with the upper body workouts due to the pushups, but i don't favor any over another either.  i just can't decide what to do!

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011

Re: finished P90X lean...

• Congrats on finishing!

I'm also training for a 10k on 10/12.  I run every other day and try to do 2 to 3 of the upper body videos on my non-running days.

This will be my 3rd time thru P90X (Classic) - I'm thinking of doing the new program - Insanity - just to switch it up a bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • good job!

do you really notice results after? i need to get into a good weight routine.

• Wow, congrats on finishing!  That's awesome!

I kind of like the Shoulders/Bi/Tri workout from Phase 1.  If I remember correctly, that one doesn't have any pushups.  It's mostly dips, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, etc.  It also works 3 muscle groups, whereas most of the other ones work only 2.  I guess if I were in your shoes, I might pick that one to do if I wanted upper body work without a crapload of pushups!

DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

• Did you see any results? I'm planning on starting that sometime this week.
  • image ATLdesi:

Wow, congrats on finishing!  That's awesome!

I kind of like the Shoulders/Bi/Tri workout from Phase 1.  If I remember correctly, that one doesn't have any pushups.  It's mostly dips, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, etc.  It also works 3 muscle groups, whereas most of the other ones work only 2.  I guess if I were in your shoes, I might pick that one to do if I wanted upper body work without a crapload of pushups!

i forgot about that one!  i'm definitely going to do that one, thanks :)

yes, i did notice results.  i lost inches all over actually.  overall i feel better, my pictures aren't that dramatic but i did have results.  i would've had better results had my eating been on track 100% of the time.

i will still say though you need to be in decent shape to begin this program.  it's not all about the weight training, it's getting fit overall.

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011