Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What are you making for dinner tonight?

I took out ground meat, any suggestions?

Re: What are you making for dinner tonight?

• Tacos?  Nachos?  (I'm in a bit of a Mexican mood)

We are having Mack's pizza, reheated of course.  We stayed with a friend down the shore this weekend and he way over-ordered for dinner last night and send us home with one of the extra pies.  Perfect easy dinner after the long day I'm having today.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • I think you should make meatloaf burgers and mashed potatoes - nice cool weather comfort food.

To make the burgers, put the meat, 1 egg, bread crumbs, splash of ketchup, chopped onion, Worcester sauce, garlic powder, s&p and some italian seasoning. Shape burgers stick in the freezer for 1/2 an hour, then grill or pan fry.

I am having mahi mahi baked in garlic sauce, steamed spinach and baked potatoes

• Either tacos or google one of Bobby Flay's burger recipes.

We're having Salsa Cha Cha Chicken (whatwedding's recipe), which is already in the crock pot.

• maybe pumkin bisque and a salad
  • how about a sort of home-made hamburger helper?  cook meat, make cheese sauce, mix with pasta, bake.

we're doing chicken drumsticks on the grill with angel hair and tomatoes + salad of some sort

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • Make some Chili served over white rice. MmMmMm

I'm having Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.

• We only make a few things with ground beef, burgers, meatloaf, tacos, and sloppy joes.  I think JIH's meatloaf burgers sound delish.

We are planning on having tequila and lime turkey tenderloin from BJs.  It's so delicious.  Although the weather is so nice, I kinda want to grill.  Maybe I should do the meatloaf burgers.

• spaghetti and meatballs?
  • LANDO - GRILL THE TURKEY!
  • image Jennyinheaven:

I think you should make meatloaf burgers and mashed potatoes - nice cool weather comfort food.

To make the burgers, put the meat, 1 egg, bread crumbs, splash of ketchup, chopped onion, Worcester sauce, garlic powder, s&p and some italian seasoning. Shape burgers stick in the freezer for 1/2 an hour, then grill or pan fry.

what does the freezing do?

• image NOV2007:
    image Jennyinheaven:

I think you should make meatloaf burgers and mashed potatoes - nice cool weather comfort food.

what does the freezing do?

well you are not really freezing, just putting in the freezer for a 1/2 hour or so helps to keep the burgers together while you are cooking them.

• I am not sure that there is any science behind freezing them.

If anything I'd only keep them in the fridge for a bit if you've made them at 5 and are not eating them til 7. 

• Thanks for your help ladies.
  • image rumdrinx:

I am not sure that there is any science behind freezing them.

If anything I'd only keep them in the fridge for a bit if you've made them at 5 and are not eating them til 7. 

I am not sure about a scientific reason, I just know that everytime I grill burgers right after forming them I end up with broken burgers when I flip them. I have had better luck with the "quick freeze" method.