Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WWYD re: baby stuff

The garage sale post got me thinking. I'm very conflicted on what to do with all the stuff N has grown out of. I'm not really the sentimental type and have already pulled out a couple pieces I want to keep, but it just seems so soon to get rid of everything else already.

On the one hand, we're pretty sure we're one and done, and especially with the move coming up, it seems silly to pack, move and then just store a bunch of outgrown clothes and such.

On the other hand, I bought mostly all gender neutral clothing/gear/etc in case we decided to have more than one, and really, I'm only 23...who knows maybe in 5 or even 10 years I'll decide to have another! Probably not, but stranger things have happened.

I'm leaning toward keeping the clothes because they are small and don't take up much room and getting rid of gear like the bouncer, swing, pack n play (which we never used -- anyone find a use for it after 1 year? Is it worth hanging on to a little longer?) because that stuff will all be dated and is easy to buy used again if we ever need it.

SO my question is, if you're done having kids, what stuff did you hang on to? What did you get rid of right away?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: WWYD re: baby stuff

• Do either of you have any siblings you might share baby stuff with?  After we have another baby we will probably be in the same position in you, in that  we *think* we'll be done.  However, the fact that neither of our siblings have had children yet, and we might decide a few years down the line that we want one more, will probably keep up from getting rid of everything right away.  The stuff that is starting to show some wear will be pitched though.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • We are in a unique position in that we think we may be done but regardless of that we just don't have enough room anymore for everything. We plan on moving next spring but until then I think we need to get rid of some stuff. My feeling on it now is that I would rather sell now and have the money and space. Down the road we could always buy more if needed. My siblings don't have kids yet but you get tons of stuff with your first and my mom has her own stash of gear and clothes at her house that can be used by future grandkids.
  • We are both middle children with the youngest being significantly younger on both sides. My older sister is done and DHs older sister just had a baby 3 months before N so she already has the basics. I can't imagine either of our younger siblings having kids for a long time unless its not on purpose - both are starting college and neither are in a serious relationship. Good point though -- maybe we can store some stuff at our parents houses to save for the siblings.
  • I think I would keep it for a couple years if you have the space.

I also wanted to mention I love your siggy pic. It's amazing how much she's grown! She's such a cutie.

Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.
  • image buzzeroo:

I think I would keep it for a couple years if you have the space.

I also wanted to mention I love your siggy pic. It's amazing how much she's grown! She's such a cutie.

Thanks! I know it's crazy. Some times I look at how tiny she was and am in disbelief someone allowed me to be in charge of such a small being Wink