International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mommy Dearest

I emailed my mom to see how it's like not going back to school (she retired from teaching after 35 years).  Her responses:

- I hope you have a big, fancy house like your cousin someday

and

- I need some more grandbabies to spoil

Geez, thanks for your gentle suggestions.  Huh?

She also said "Facebook is a full time job" which made me chuckle a bit.  Ohhhhh, mothers. 

Re: Mommy Dearest

• image wise_rita:

Oh, I don't know mom. You better spoil me and me alone a bit longer so I know you are doing it right.......

• Nice!  I like your thinking!
  • LOL! The line about your cousin's house - that's the kind of dig my mother would make, too. Augh. I feel your pain!

Chronically hilarious - you'll split your stitches!
    I wrote a book! Bucket list CHECK!
  • image xnickerx:
    image wise_rita:

Oh, I don't know mom. You better spoil me and me alone a bit longer so I know you are doing it right.......

Fab idea!   

Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • have you let her know yet you like MIL better than her?
  • image wise_rita:

- I hope you have a big, fancy house like your cousin someday

I think you should send her a finn.no ad for a "big" and "fancy" place around here!

I think my parents are taking it surprisingly well that we're about to take a $500K motgage on a tiny apartment.  No, strike that.  I think they're just overwhelmed and can't quite get a handle on it yet.

PS - Drove through Moss on the way back from our friends' wedding near Str?mstad (you are near Moss, right?).  I can't believe your BF makes that commute every day!  At least he's on the train, because Friday's traffic was awful!

• Yep, I'm in Moss.  Please tell me you stopped at Nordby shopping center and stocked up on cheap meat and 3.5% beer!

The commute really isn't bad.  Tons of people do it.  It's 42 minutes by train, and commuters use it as nap, reading or work time.  You'd be nuts to do it by car, though.  And housing costs like half out here!