Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Quick Update

We're home and exhausted. Evan Stewart was born Aug. 28 at 1:15 am via c-section. He is gorgeous and absolutely amazing.

I began dilating on Wed. afternoon and was 4 cm when we went to the hospital on Thurs. AM. My water was broken and luckily my body began to labour on its own. I was able to labour med free for about 6 hours and then found out I was still only 4 cm but had effaced a bit more. I asked for the gas. 2 more hours of labouring and still no more dilation. Epidural was the choice that time because my body was spent. They then started the pitocin.  I laboured until about 11 pm and the baby's heart rate started taking dips. This scared the crap out of us, and the Dr. put on an internal monitor and the heart rate seemed better but I had still not made any more progress. He upped the pit and let me labour a bit more until we all said "enough"!

It took 3 Dr.s to push him out of my belly during the c-section. He seems to have been stuck in a corner.

We are both doing great and are getting used to our new roles as parent and child.

I will post more later about our doula. She was the best choice we made the whole pregnancy and I have Pam to thank for the referral. I don't know that we would have made it through the same way without her.

Thanks for all the supportive words. Pics to come!

ETA: His "coming home" picture.

Re: Quick Update