Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

who are the Creepy people in your neighborhood?

(singing the Sesame Street version)

but seriously.....got any?

and...do you lock your doors when you go out for a short trip or errand?

Re: who are the Creepy people in your neighborhood?

• I havent been there long enough, but from what I've seen they aren't any creepers. I do always, always, always lock my doors. Always. Sometimes out of habit I'll lock my H out when he takes out the trash.
  • We have an Asian gentleman across the hall from us.  All you can hear in his apartment any hour of the day is KYW.  Once I dropped my grocery store bag on the floor while fishing for my keys and a box of cereal bounced off of his door.  He came out the door with a baseball bat. **side eye**  He also sits in the hallway and fixes his bike at least once a week.

There's also a guy on the first floor who smokes pot...constantly,,and screams in Arabic at his tv while watching Jerry Springer and The Steve Wilkos show.

• my husband hates this too, ice!

I lock him out mistakenly all the time.  He's from Missouri/Kansas and can't understand why we lock our doors all the time.

Ironically, most of the crazy murders happen in Missouri and Kansas.  creeepy.

• I always lock,  a city living must.

Well I live down the street from  a bar so there are a variety of characters that come out of there.

Also there is my direct next door neighbor who is a creepy PITA and also a hoarder.

• The guy underneath me (wow, that sounds wrong lol) is a strange character.

He called my complex and complained that we were having a party at 3am on a Wednesday Indifferent

I can't remember the last time I saw 3 am. Luckily, the mgmt at my apt knows we are are 9 to 5'rs with no complaints in 3 years so she didn't take it seriously.

He is super creepy and I can't wait to be out in a month!

• Yes there is one particular guy on my street.  My dh knows him from the mums, but everytime he walks past my house ( he live across the street a couple doors up) he looks in my house.  Our front windows are unusally large, and I feel like I live in a fish bowl sometimes.

I know people look in others windows when walking by, I do it too.  But this guy is just soooo noticable when he does it.

I say to dh all the time, oh theres creepers, he gets annoyed.

ETA: when I take Murphy for a walk, i usually don't lock the door, I close it though.  But any other time, the door is locked and front windows shut.

• Yes, the guy across the street who I called the cops on after I saw him stagger to his car, back up into another car, and then peal off down the street. He got some nice visitors at his front door wearing badges.

Our doors are always locked. We live in a 4 unit townhouse row and one of our neighbors was robbed when she left the front door unlocked because her husband was still at the bar down the street. Kids (literally 14 or 15) came in while she was asleep upstairs and stole their big screen tv, her purse and her car out of the garage. The other two houses had evidence of their locks being tampered with. I'm convinced the only reason ours was left alone is because they saw/heard our 100 lb dog.

• There aren't any creepers that I know of.  There is a teen across the street who has some kind of learning disability.  I think maybe something on the autism spectrum.  He stands on our sidewalk and will just watch Mr.lando mow the lawn for an hour.  It's creepy, but I know he's harmless.

I do keep my doors locked always.  Whether we are home or not.  They are only unlocked as we are going through them, or if we are just running to get something from the car.

• image jessicah628:

I'm convinced the only reason ours was left alone is because they saw/heard our 100 lb dog.

I want a 100lb dog. H would rather have a rifle :(

• I think we lucked out. Everyone in our complex is pretty good. No issues.
  • image icebunie:
    image jessicah628:

I'm convinced the only reason ours was left alone is because they saw/heard our 100 lb dog.

Mine too.

• image icebunie:
    image jessicah628:

Eek, I don't do guns. Puppies are much more cuddly. And less lethal.

• image jessicah628:
    image icebunie:
    image jessicah628:

Eek, I don't do guns. Puppies are much more cuddly. And less lethal.

We compromised on the rifle. He wanted a handgun, and I said no way.

• we got time burglar he has a heart condition and doesn't work but drinks on the corner stoop daily and burglas your time he sees you and an hour later you have to make up an excuse to leave.
  • image lachute:
    we got time burglar he has a heart condition and doesn't work but drinks on the corner stoop daily and burglas your time he sees you and an hour later you have to make up an excuse to leave.

i had to read this a million times!

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!