At about 8pm last night James went into my SIL's bedroom and found an open bottle of Yankee Candle Vanilla Room Frangrance Reed Diffuser and we think he drank some (his breathe smelt of it) and when I found him he was pouring it out in the floor. I was in my bedroom changing into PJ's, DH was in the kitchen cooking supper, James was suppose to be going from DH to me to put his PJ's on him. Anyway, we call NHS direct who take all the details from us and then advise us to go to Bournemouth's A&E, so we go there and they see him within 5 minutes of arriving, do all the triage phone the Poison Control people who advise that they need to observe him for being 'drunk' or vomiting, etc. so they need to admit him. We then after a while get transfered by ambulance to Poole Hospital to the High Dependancy Unit in the Paediatric ward. They do the observe him and then at 2am this morning that let him go home as he was fine, and they paid for our taxi home as they never wanted me to go alone at night across the road to draw money. I only have awesome things to say about the NHS today, NHS Line were helpful, Bournemouth Hospital were lovely, saw us quickly, the Ambulance service were very reassuring and Poole Hospital were just WOW! The paeditrician, the nurse everyone so helpful and nice. We used their sensory room while James was being observed because he was not tired and it was state of the art.
Today we are shattered, James is still sleeping and I have just woken up. Luckily work are being understanding. I think that I might bolt my SIL's room door shut. She know he likes to go in there, and we do tell him not to, but he 1 years old still. Who leaves anything that might be poisonous in the reach of a one year and leaves it open, as she had lost the lid! We are always asking her to close her door as she all sorts of lotions and potions in there, and then she still bitched and moaned about the wait at Bournemouth of maybe 1.5 hours until we knew that the ambulance needed to take us across to Poole, that is bladdy quick for an A&E unit when someone is not dying, so I basically pushed her and DH out of the door to go home.