International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

F/U Proof of Relationship

So do you get all your pictures/letters/documentation back once they're done validating your relationship?

It never ceases to amaze me that Americans are viewed with the same side eye of suspicion as every Tom, *** and Destitute form the 3rd world.

Re: F/U Proof of Relationship

• Oops, you'll have to quote me to see whom I am refering to along with Mr. Tom and Mr. Destitute.
  • I sent copies of everything and they did send them all back! Not the affadavits though.
    DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]
  • We got everything back. It was so odd, knowing they'd paged thru everything, but still, we got it all back - apart from affidavits, like Andrea said.
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Huh, I guess saving every email my husband has ever sent me isn't just weird, it could be useful! :-P I'll send them an affidavit if you like.

"Wise-Rita talks about some guy who is probably the one she is applying for like, fairly often. So they are probably together. Yours, SnowyOwl" 

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Nelia has read 39 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide
  • imagesnowyowl:

"Wise-Rita talks about some guy who is probably the one she is applying for like, fairly often. So they are probably together. Yours, SnowyOwl" 

Notarize that and pop it in the mail...that's all the proof they need!

• it's funny, we didn't have to submit any of that with DH's GC application.. you'd think things would be more routine.
  • basically anything with both your names on it

bills, bank accounts, etc

we also included letters people sent us at our address in london (to prove that we ARE a couple and not just flatmates) wedding invites to both of us, etc

we also had our flat mate write a letter about how long he had known us, lived with us, etc. I also got letters from SIL, my parents & the ILs

I also printed up a selection of photos of us from over the years, listing where the photo was taken & the year. For my final visa I actually showed them our wedding album as well

you just need to overwhelm them with proof!!! GL

and NO you don't get anything back - thus why I printed the photos off in color & gave it to them. They said to me you could request the stuff back, but they won't guarantee it