International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

CSI:Miami/David Caruso Haters

Pack this into your cheesy one liners and over dramatic pauses and smoke it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5231334.stm

Re: CSI:Miami/David Caruso Haters

• Really? I didn't know that show was as popular... maybe it's just me.
    Vacation
  • The "deep" one liners and the way he looks into the distance & never holds his head straight (I know, neck issues) contribute to making CSI Miami enjoyable to me, though I'm quite sure it wasn't their intention to make me laugh.
  • Wait a minute. Is this the same "world" that loved Baywatch and bought David Hasselhof's albums?
  • imagexnickerx:

Wait a minute. Is this the same "world" that loved Baywatch and bought David Hasselhof's albums?

hahaha! I was going to say the exact same thing!

You gotta wonder about a world where Baywatch and CSI:Miama are tops.

• imageVal?rie:
    The "deep" one liners and the way he looks into the distance & never holds his head straight (I know, neck issues) contribute to making CSI Miami enjoyable to me, though I'm quite sure it wasn't their intention to make me laugh.

Really? His posture drives me nuts - but I am really picky about posture issues. I told DH he must have a back/neck issue because he is always hunched over or shot from a strange angle.

The show is such a joke (gratuitous boob/butt shots anyone? . . . as if anyone dresses like *that* when working in a lab - even in Miami!) - it is like it gave up trying to be serious and legit and the writers are just laughing their asses off at the idea of it all.

• imagerazamataz:

imageVal?rie:
    The "deep" one liners and the way he looks into the distance & never holds his head straight (I know, neck issues) contribute to making CSI Miami enjoyable to me, though I'm quite sure it wasn't their intention to make me laugh.

Really? His posture drives me nuts - but I am really picky about posture issues. I told DH he must have a back/neck issue because he is always hunched over or shot from a strange angle.

The show is such a joke (gratuitous boob/butt shots anyone? . . . as if anyone dresses like *that* when working in a lab - even in Miami!) - it is like it gave up trying to be serious and legit and the writers are just laughing their asses off at the idea of it all.

Apparently. I read somewhere that he had serious issues due to a car crash or something and that the whole neck thing in CSI Miami was because of that, not an acting choice. Who knows?

• imageVal?rie:
    imagerazamataz:

imageVal?rie:

Apparently. I read somewhere that he had serious issues due to a car crash or something and that the whole neck thing in CSI Miami was because of that, not an acting choice. Who knows?

I have heard this too, so there is probably something to it. 

• We love watching CSI, but won't watch Miami because the sunglasses guy is such a douchebag.

We love, love the cop in the New York one, though. God, he gets some great lines! ( "what am I in for?" ... "Let's start with public ugly and take it from there" ) LOL! 

Chronically hilarious - you'll split your stitches!
    I wrote a book! Bucket list CHECK!
  • The New York cast is my favorite too. I can't stand to watch Miami, the dramatic pauses are waaaay too much for me. I love the cop in New York and I love Gary Sinese. 

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Nelia has read 39 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide
  • imagexnickerx:
    Wait a minute. Is this the same "world" that loved Baywatch and bought David Hasselhof's albums?

Pretty sure that was just Germany.

• New York is my favourite too. Flack has some great lines. And I just like the shots of NYC :)

I've heard this about Miami before. It makes you wonder how the 'world' sees the US,doesn't it? I mean, all 'serious scientists' wear skimpy clothes, high heels and have their (long) hair loose while performing complicated and sensative forensic testing. Hmm. Compare to UK series, e.g., where they wear the full body suits etc. Hollywood is all about a dream I guess?

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • imagewelshgirl:

New York is my favourite too. Flack has some great lines. And I just like the shots of NYC :)

I've heard this about Miami before. It makes you wonder how the 'world' sees the US,doesn't it? I mean, all 'serious scientists' wear skimpy clothes, high heels and have their (long) hair loose while performing complicated and sensative forensic testing. Hmm. Compare to UK series, e.g., where they wear the full body suits etc. Hollywood is all about a dream I guess?

I don't know about you, but every time I have something important to say I like to 1) Whip off my sunglasses dramatically 2) stare moodily into the distance and 3) end with a clever pun. 

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Nelia has read 39 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide
  • Have you been spying on me? ;)
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • OMG that show is on ALL the time here, used to be on a lot in the UK (when I lived there at least) too! We used to take bets with our flatmates before the show started as to how many dramatic pauses along with moving the sunglasses down his nose he would do a night - many  many many!