International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Its starting to feel Africa hot

It may sound like a silly expression, but its one I used as a Peace Corps volunteer years ago and I have heard it elsewhere. I think its very descriptive. But the truth of the matter is, winter is definitely on its way out the door, and summer time is creeping in here. That means we are going to have to start using the air con soon, which I despise.  Its so nice right now to have the windows open, be woken up by the pack of barking and howling dogs in your neighborhood, and occasional lone hyena (!)

On the bright side, we get to bust out the sweet pool we bought for Gabby that has a blow up slide, yay!!  For those of you about to transition in to summer, what are some of your favorite things about it? 

Re: Its starting to feel Africa hot

• I didn't know we had an IN from Malawi! My husband was born there, and lived there until he was around 4 yrs old.  Enjoy the pool, and hope you get some relief from the heat. 
  • Yes, I made my way over this week :) There are actually quite a few folks here who were born in Malawi, then went to the UK and came back here with their families. Very interesting. It is a great place to raise a family.
  • Ohhh, Malawi - exotic!  Madonna infested, but exotic!  Wink

I suppose using the term "Africa hot" is entirely justified as you are in Africa.  I use the term "Middle East hot" to describe Norway during those 2 hot weeks of summer and A/C exists nowhere.  I say this because I have yet to see a city, ever, hotter than Kuwait City on CNN when they show high temps throughout the world.

• imagebrooksygirl:
    Yes, I made my way over this week :) There are actually quite a few folks here who were born in Malawi, then went to the UK and came back here with their families. Very interesting. It is a great place to raise a family.

I have heard it is great for families.  I love looking at their old photos.  My husband's parents were over for a awhile (she with a humanitarian group and he with a British agency) and my mother-in-law always talks about going back to work for a year or so.  One of her friends just went back and is loving it.  Hope you have a great experience there!

• Wow, Malawi! I didn't know we had a nestie there either, how cool. We are slowing moving our way into the fall here... it's still hot (albeit not Africa hot) but hot enough for me to long for winter!
    Vacation