Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Did I lose my job?

I've been working as a part time nanny for a family in the neighborhood. I started the job in April with the agreement that I'd work two days a week, 8 hours a day.  It has slowly been cutting back to once a week but they just keep saying that their schedules are crazy etc.

Their DD's 1st birthday was this past week and I hadn't had a chance to get over her little gift.  I just got home and saw she was in the park (usually with her grandma, who I adore) so I grabbed her gift and went down.  As I'm walking down, she and apparently her "Nanny" are walking up the street.  I'm standing there looking like a boob while I'm trying to process what is happening.  I was shocked and just introduced myself and asked if she'd mind taking this home with them because I hadn't had a chance etc.  She introduced herself as the little girl's nanny.   

Now I'm putting pieces together like the 8 days I'm supposed to work in June are now down to 3...DH says that maybe they just have this girl there when both parents are home (they are home a lot) and I go when they are working out of the house...who knows but let me tell you that is a stinky way to find out, whatever it is I just found out.

Anyone need a part time nanny on Snoqualmie Ridge?  I should post that on the baby board I know but I just want to vent right now.  Thanks.

Re: Did I lose my job?

• That's really weird.  I think I would ask the parents about it and see what's up...
    ~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • That is odd.. if they are going another direction it is rude of them not to tell you. I would definitely ask them about it.
  • Wow - that's weird - how old is the kid and is the mom really attached like she can't let go?

We have a nanny two days a week and a contract with her assuring her work PLUS if we cancel last minute she still gets paid.  SO we don't yank her around

Maybe you should ask for a contract?

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
  • Yeah it's funny you mention that because I've been a full time nanny for 8 years now and this is the first time I didn't get a contract.  That'll teach me.  Will be interesting to see what they say if / when they thank me for her little birthday gift.
  • Wow that is really weird, I'm surprised that they would be so odd about that.