Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hey Philly moms...

Memphis Taproom (corner of Memphis + Cumberland in "Port Fishington") is having Mommy + Me Happy Hour the first Monday of every month from 1 - 3 pm starting on Monday, June 2!  I live suuuper close, so I'll be there, so if you're a SAHM, on maternity leave or just off on Monday, come by!!  It'll be fun!

www.memphistaproom.com if you want to check out their menu.  It's a great place! :)

Re: Hey Philly moms...

• This Monday is my last day at home before going back to work (I am so not happy about this).  Therefore, I plan on holding Ben for every last second that I can.  Otherwise, I'd love to come. 
  • I was just reading about this thinking it was an awesome idea.  I am not that close but am pretty sure I can stroller over.

Unfortunately I can't make this Monday as we will just be getting back from over a week at the shore.  We also have someone coming by to appraise our house for our re-fi.  I am so in for the July one!

Please give us a full report!  Have fun

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • It's almost sad that this post has over 300 views but only 2 replies. I guess everyone else opened it to get a good look at what a hypocrite you really are.
  • who the hell takes a baby to a bar?
  • geez, you're not allowed to drink and stroll? 

welp, cross baby making off the list for me.

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • wasn't baby loves disco at a bar?  from what i remember that was pretty popular.

i am not a fan of children in bars/restaurants, but if it is a specific event for moms and babies, i think that is clearly different

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • If I had a baby I'd be all about this.
  • The fact there is a group dedicated to strolling my kid to bar and having a cocktail, at 3:00 pm nonetheless, makes motherhood sound more appealling.  I can't even get you non-kid havers to drink with me after work -- bring it on baby mommas!
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • Ok --- this is the best part from the website

Meet other moms in the neighborhood for beer cocktail specials, networking and music that doesn?t make you want to kill people.

• image eaglesfan700:

wasn't baby loves disco at a bar?? from what i remember that was pretty popular.

i am not a fan of children in bars/restaurants, but if it is a specific event for moms and babies, i think that is clearly different

?

Baby loves disco is a specific event for moms and babies. And as far as I know (I've never been) it's a non-alcoholic bar.?

• From the BLD website:

There are balloons (by Skip*Hop) to enjoy and take home as well as the snacks for both kids and adults, plus the bar is open for non-driving adults.

• image amy052006:

From the BLD website:

There are balloons (by Skip*Hop) to enjoy and take home as well as the snacks for both kids and adults, plus the bar is open for non-driving adults.

?

That seems so odd to me because doesn't BLD start early (or earlier in the morning)? I thought it started around 11am. Are parents really drinking by then?! Although when I have 2 under 2 in a few months, I may be one of them! LOL!?

• baby loves disco is from 2pm-5pm on the first sunday of the month if I recall correctly. they do serve beer and the like. it's an okay event... just a little pricy.

I live in fishtown and if I'm free I might check it out.

DD born 2007 & DS born 2008
  • i hear very good things about MTR.  with or without a kid, i'd gtg with moms and kids ...if i had an afternoon off.  otherwise, i'd gtg on a weekend.
    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • I like (my own) booze and (other people's) babies.  Good mix. 
  • I think our future baby would need to know at a young age that the Numbers don't dance, especially to disco, without a drink or two.

I'm with Rum.  The MTR would be great --- I could ooh and ahh over everyone's kid, yet still have a beer.  And not have to worry that people were being judgey I was having a beer.

• I wont be able to make this one but I can in July and by then we will be living much closer. Please report back
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • meldotmeldot member
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    dude if i have kids i'm totally drinking all the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image nest_Jesus:
    who the hell takes a baby to a bar?

sign me up