Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wedding locations for 10/4

My dad has asked me to be his wedding planner for his wedding on 10/4.  They want to keep it pretty small with basically just family.  Possibly a location that can be indoors if nice, but also outdoors if the weather does not cooperate.  Can you provide any location suggestions?  Des Moines or immediate area please. 

Thanks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Wedding locations for 10/4

• My go-to suggestion for indoor and outdoor possibilities for small wedding is the Botanical Center. Also Raccoon River Park would be good because the Nature Lodge is a beautiful building that can be rented at a reasonable price so you could be married inside or outside there too.
  • mz-n-ssmz-n-ss member
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    I would aslo suggest looking at the lodge at jester park.   I have no idea on price, but it has a huge deck/patio area off of the main room, it has gorgeous views.
  • We got married at Living History Farms and it was very nice. They could get married outside the church there too. It's around $400 for 3 hours I think.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the suggestions.  I work part time at the Raccoon River Nature Lodge and that was the first place I checked. I think Jester Park Lodge is too big for the number of people and you have to use Christiani's for catering. 

I'll have to check into Living History Farms. 

Anyone know anything about Greenwood park or Reiman Gardens? 

• ss+elss+el member
    A friend of ours got married a couple years ago in October at a shelter/lodge in Walnut Woods park. I can't remember if it had a specific name. They set up benches against a backdrop of trees for the ceremony and then the building itself has room for a few dozen people indoors or out for the reception (they set up tables in and out, so people could decide for themselves) There is a fireplace outside too if it is a little chilly.
  • The most beautiful wedding I've ever been to was at Tournament Club of Iowa in Polk City. The ceremony was outside overlooking the golf course and the reception was inside. This wedding was less than 100 guests, and the size was just right. The food was good too.
    Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.