Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Someday I will live on the water

I just spent a few days in the Keys and man, it reaffirmed that blue waters, bougainvillas, breezes, palm trees, island time, having seafood at every meal, geckos and, duh, rum, are really really really things that i just love. 

Don't get me wrong, I adore the Jersey shore very much - the sand and rocks and pine tres - but the further south you go, the better my heart feels.

I want to win the lottery.

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!

Re: Someday I will live on the water

• ahhhhh the beach! i'm glad you had a nice time.

• Me too.  Our weekend in Avalon did nothing but reaffirm our plans that we need to really focus on the long term goal of getting some beach property.  We met a couple that splits their time between there and The Keys.  I asked them to adopt me.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • Rum, I might need your expertise on the Keys and where to stay.  My parents live in Ft Myers and we were thinking about flying there seeing them for a day or two and then taking this "cocktail cruise" down to Key West from Ft Myers and staying there for a few days.
  • Fire - i'll do my best!  it'd be a pleasure.   a cocktail cruise?  on the water?  word.  i would totally do that.

the drive from MIA to Key West is a glorious one ...I've got a few tips for the way down and also have contacts from which to gather more information for you...

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • We were going to do the cruise a few years ago and we never ended up doing it.  Since my parents are in Ft myers we can usually fly USA3000 there pretty cheap.  Besides, if I went to FL and didn't visit them they'd kill me.  The cruise leaves Ft Myers and gets to Key West in 3 to 3 and half hours.  It's 171.00 pp for a round trip.  The boat has a bar and big screen tv's.  Sounds better than driving!
  • rum I am very jealous!

Glad you had a great time 

• Welcome back!
    I know exactly what you mean by, "the farther south...."
    L'isle Sur la Sorgue, Provence