Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Okay kids.

Get your sigs ready.

If you can participate, the sig challenge for August is the first picture you have together! That's what won out in the polls, so have at it!

Re: Okay kids.

• All of our first pics together are on my computer boxed up in the garage.Sad oh well.
  • Yay. I'm changing mine now.
  • image blondebunny:
    All of our first pics together are on my computer boxed up in the garage.Sad oh well.

Just use what you can. :)

• okay even though I'm not too crazy about them!
  • image blondebunny:
    okay even though I'm not too crazy about them!

Look at mine...yours have to be better than that.

• Katy it's not midnight yet, you cheated!! Your banned from MN for life.
  • image blondebunny:
    Katy it's not midnight yet, you cheated!! Your banned from MN for life.

hahaha.. it's one here.

on a different note.. tips on making a siggy?

2010 AthensGAHalf official time: 2:37:15
    2011 AthensGAHalf official time: 2:33:31

Ze Blog
  • Oh no. What am I going to do in my free time? Also known as every minute of every day.

laddiebug-If you know which picture you want, go to tinypic.com and upload it. Website/Email is the size of Leah's picture(I think) and thumbnail is the size of mine. After you upload it, copy the message board url that starts with [Image].

• image katykinz73:

Oh no. What am I going to do in my free time? Also known as every minute of every day.

laddiebug-If you know which picture you want, go to tinypic.com and upload it. Website/Email is the size of Leah's picture(I think) and thumbnail is the size of mine. After you upload it, copy the message board url that starts with [Image].

awesome. thanks.

2010 AthensGAHalf official time: 2:37:15
    2011 AthensGAHalf official time: 2:33:31

Ze Blog
  • image katykinz73:

Oh no. What am I going to do in my free time? Also known as every minute of every day.

I usually have to edit the size down in the editor on tinypic, but it keeps the dimensions correct. Use the img code. Go to the same place you go to change your avatar and paste that code in the sig section. 

• Not the FIRST but it's pretty darn close.
  • image Leah_Lou:
    image katykinz73:

I usually have to edit the size down in the editor on tinypic, but it keeps the dimensions correct. Use the img code. Go to the same place you go to change your avatar and paste that code in the sig section. 

I fail.

• image katykinz73:
    image Leah_Lou:
    image katykinz73:

I fail.

You were close!

• Who-hoo.. this is the first picture of us together.. even though his face is partly cut off. :(?
  • image artistkitty:
    Who-hoo.. this is the first picture of us together.. even though his face is partly cut off. :(

Yay, I'm not the only one with a cut off head picture.

• Should we put the dates in the sigs too?
  • lol. you can hardly see my face, it ws FREEZING that day! january in NYC walking around for hours... not a good idea, but so much fun!
  • image corinda24:
    lol. you can hardly see my face, it ws FREEZING that day! january in NYC walking around for hours... not a good idea, but so much fun!

I love cold pictures. I think the bundled up look never fails to be cute on us ladies.

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • Okay I put mine up, don't hate on my dark hair, it was temporary. And I know your jealous of my zebra tip nails!
  • BB!  Love the pic!  Haha.  You are right about the Fro!
  • Well, I must say, if it weren't for this challenge, I might have continued to think that our first pic together was a much different pic.

But as I was looking for a digital copy of that pic, I realized that our actual first pic was on our second date at Magic Mountain with my all time favorite cartoon character, Marvin the Martian.

So, thank you Nesties for helping me figure that out.

PhotobucketMilitary Newlyweds FAQ Button
  • BB, if your hair is dark, mine is blaaaack. lol And I had zebra tipped nails once upon a time.
  • I didn't vote, but I love this idea. It is fun to see everyone's old pics.
  • Sorry, didn't explain mine. We met at a friends bbq. Jake handed me that beer about three seconds before this pic got taken. We hadn't really even started talking yet, but it worked out for us in the end!
  • We'll see if mine works.
  • Fun.  I want to play.  Gotta go find our pic.  hehe.
  • Loving them all!  Our first pic is at my sisters wedding in Georgia our first time meeting in person after 3 months of writting and then talking on the phone.  Couldnt help but put in one from our R&R photos so you have the past and present hehe!