Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Long run before or after massage?

OK here is the dilemma...visiting my parents this weekend, Mom schedule massages for us at 9am tomorrow (hooray!) but I need to get in an 11 mile run at some point during the weekend.  I thought about getting up at 6am tomorrow to allow plenty of time to run and then refuel before the massage but I am also thinking I can just get up around 7am on Sunday to do it.  Do you think I will negate any massage benefits by doing a long run the next day?  I don't get massages enough to know if it will make a difference.

Thanks and sorry for the dumb question :)

Re: Long run before or after massage?

• BEFORE! I made the mistake of trying to go for a run after a massage once and I found it nearly impossible! I was soooooo relaxed from the massage that all I wanted to do was stop, take in the scenry and go for a quiet little stroll! It was actually quite funny.

• run before massage.  that way you can relax for the rest of the day and (s)he will be able to work your sore muscles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've have quick 15 minute massages before a race, when the massage therapists from the local schools come and volunteer their services. ?

Although I much prefer it after the race, the few times I've had before helped loosen up my muscles before the race.

Since your massage is probably more than a 15 minute massage you will probably be more relaxed and I wouldn't recommend running immediately after the massage, but since you are thinking of running the following day, not later in the afternoon, I think you'll be fine either way.?

image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I vote to run first, then enjoy your massage!  You'll certainly have earned it.