Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Protein Powder Reqs Please

Hi ladies,

I found the post a few days ago about protein powder and I'm finally breaking down and getting some this weekend and was hoping you could help me decide which one to get. 

I need something that's flavored and I can mix with soy milk because I hate the taste of milk or water but preferably soy milk.

I need something that is kinda sweet since this would replace my afternoon snack and would be about 1.5 hours till my workout. Is this a good time to take it? I just started Crossfit but I'm also training for a half marathon. I was doing weights at the gym (before Crossfit) and then treadmill or elliptical. I'm sure that will continue after I get over being sore from Crossfit

Low calorie/low sugar/sugar free...ish. 

(I wish they made single serving ones so you could taste them before to make sure you like them and don't' waste money)

Re: Protein Powder Reqs Please

• I really good kind (but not cheap) is Designer Whey.  That is what I get for DH and he really likes it.
  • Some brands do offer single-serving sizes. Check GNC or Whole Foods, if you have them--otherwise go to whatever natural/whole foods store you have in town.

• image GRKaters:

Some brands do offer single-serving sizes. Check GNC or Whole Foods, if you have them--otherwise go to whatever natural/whole foods store you have in town.

Really? Cool. I had no idea. The thought of spending 40$+ on something that turns out to be really chalky wasn't very appealing. Knowing I can try it before hand makes me feel better. Thanks!

• image genniemg:
    image GRKaters:

Some brands do offer single-serving sizes. Check GNC or Whole Foods, if you have them--otherwise go to whatever natural/whole foods store you have in town.

Really? Cool. I had no idea. The thought of spending 40$+ on something that turns out to be really chalky wasn't very appealing. Knowing I can try it before hand makes me feel better. Thanks!

Yep, no problem. And look for smaller cans, too. A lot of companies I've seen offer a 1-lb size rather than the big barrel-looking containers.

For the single servings I've seen, expect to pay between $1.29 and $2.49 each.

• I love Beverly products.  I find their powders are tastier, and higher quality, than any I've found at GNC.