Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Filing Question-How long to keep...

I can't seem to find anything on google searches, but does anyone know how long you should keep old Mortgage paperwork on a house that you've sold?  I've got thick packets for the mortgage and the title report and stuff and I'm just not sure if there is any particular amount of time to keep it before I shred it?  Anyone know?

TIA

Re: Filing Question-How long to keep...

• I found this online:

Tip:It is useful to keep these copies in separate files labeled "home" or "mutual funds" rather than in a yearly overall tax file. Keep all buy and sell records for at least three years after the transactions are completed.

Hope that helps!

ETA: the pasted section may look as if it applies to buying/selling stocks but they were discussing all major transactions that had some tax consequences applied, including home sales.