International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

reviews of airlines?

Does anyone know if there's a way of finding otu about safety and general records for (non-US) airlines?

We're looking into booking tickets to Copenhagen and there's a Danish airline that DH has heard a bad experience of, but are the only direct flights. I don't know if it's a one off or an airline best be avoided...

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)

Re: reviews of airlines?

• What's the airline? My husband works in aviation and has to keep up to date on each airline out there.  I think I can help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay he just walked in the door. Was it Norwegian? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually found this the other night when we were researching our holiday. it's not a review, but a listed of airlines that have a black marked or our banned by the EU.  At least you can see what airline NOT to fly with...

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/list_en.htm

International Nesties June Siggy Challenge: Place I would like to visit.... Dead Sea, Jordan! Only a few more months!
  • Bwah ha ha ha ha! "Safe Airways" is on the banned list. Oh the irony....
  • Is it WizzAir? I think they're ok, nothing special. 

• It's Cimber Air (which used to be Sterling?). They're the only direct flight, which would be SO much easier with W, but apparently someone DH knows flew them and they had an emergency landing, which has put him off...

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at that site!

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • GilliCGilliC member
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

I didn't know Sterling was back in operation at all yet.  We flew with them to Copenhagen with no problems.  It was slightly better than RyanAir for a similar price, and they flew to/from the major airports instead of the crap RyanAir-ports.  We didn't have any problems.

I don't know if they have safety ratings, but I've used www.airlinequality.com to compare foreign carriers before.  They don't seem to have Cimber, though.  Hmm...

• Honestly lots of airlines have emergency landings - I have been in 2 with major, major airlines. I wouldn't let that put you off flying them.
    DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]