Orange County Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Disneyland Half Marathon 8/31

I'm registering today - anyone else?

I know the following people said they were interested and apk is already registered: claire, aline, JD.....

Here is the link for more info - they are 75% full already!

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/westcoast/events/detail?name=DisneylandHalfMarathon2008RegisterDetailPage

Re: Disneyland Half Marathon 8/31

• I am so friggen torn on this.
  • Probably a stupid question but just how hard is it to train for a 1/2? ?I've been thinking about this but am scared I don't have enough time to dedicate to training right. ?Any advice? ?Thanks!
  • SUPER easy to train for a half.  It's 3 months away, PLENTY of time.  You can TOTALLY do it!!

Cat, aka best running partner ever, you should totally do it!!!  You know you want to.  Plus, we were planning on getting new shirts for this run.  I have enough pics of the red shirt.  You know you want one.....

• Cat - oh mam come om let's do it! 

Miki - 3 momths is plemty of time.  Whem we were traimimg for it, we had less tham 3 momths of traimimg for the OC Half Marathom amd we all did great! 

• It's official - I'm registered;

Your registration has been successful!

• Confirmation Number: 32896563-052608142455
    • You will receive an email confirmation of your registration.

• Girls, I would love to do this with you, but I just can't commit to anything over Labor Day weekend! I'll either be in Denver visiting my brother, or celebrating my CWs 25th bday (she wants to do an OOT thing and I am in charge of planning it), or something else OOT because MH and I like to do getaways during long weekends. :-
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi,

I'm registered for the Disney half marathon and I've been training with a friend in LA.  I would be interested in training in OC too. 

Could I send someone my email address?

• Oh, Labor Day? Imma hafta sit this one out.
  • I'm in and registered. I am so excited...First trip to Disneyland...This is the one sure way V can't back out from going...

<<skipping around>>

• image JD 2 B:

I'm in and registered. I am so excited...First trip to Disneyland...This is the one sure way V can't back out from going...

<<skipping around>>

?

WHHAAAAA?

?

First time ever?!?

?

How fun!?

• Yep! Unless you count downtown disney (I don't)...V hates the whole concept and just doesn't get Disney at all.

<<still skipping>>

• You're going to have to make a day of it then woman.

?

I think hubs would get a kick out of Califonia Adventure. Much more grown up and you can drink in the park!

?

?

• I am going to register on Friday. I have been debating about this, but it seems like a really cool run! Cant wait!
  • YEY!

?

Yea only thing holding me back is the reg. fee for now. =P?

• image Mrs50%:

YEY!

Yea only thing holding me back is the reg. fee for now. =P 

Yeah, I know-- that is why I am registering on pay day. So frickin expensive, but it seems like it will be worth it.

• i'm am already sweating on behalf of all of you.  no can do as i'll be at orientation and mourning the loss of a thing called "having a life" that weekend.  not that i was going to do the SF one anyway, either. ;P
  • Long time lurker, first time posting. *waving hi*?

I'm signed up for the run and am looking forward to seeing some of you there!

• Jane you're not kidding about your first post =) Very cool!

?

Welcome and come back and post often! No more lurking especially since we have something in common now ?

• So jealous. I wish I could do this. I'll try to be there to cheer you guys on.

• Jane, come to our Saturday training runs!  We like to go to Wendys after. heheh
  • jane, apk is offering wendy's fries
  • tater knows the way to my heart.?

Are the details of the Saturday morning runs already posted somewhere?

?

• tater knows the way to my heart.?

Are the details of the Saturday morning trainings already posted somewhere??

• !!!

Jane is here!

Hooray!  Party!!!

• She's here and repeating herself.?

?I have major issues posting on this board with firefox.?

• image Mrs50%:

You're going to have to make a day of it then woman.

I think hubs would get a kick out of Califonia Adventure. Much more grown up and you can drink in the park!

Right! Because I know the very first thing I wanted to do after the OC Half was go to a theme park and walk around for hours!

<skipping>

• Jane, we normally run in Newport or Irvine early Saturday mornings, around 7:30/8:30.  One of us will post later this week with more specific details.