Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Early confession / sort of rant.

So it seems EVERYONE is preggo or turning up preggo.
DH and I are officially on the "having fun"  but not trying path now

But my brother just told DH and I what he is going to be a daddy(to one of his 3 girl he was/is dating) and then a close friend of mine did a test yesterday and is preggo; with her 3rd after 8 years.

My thunder is being stolen... I like the idea of having a friend to share pregnancy with but  I sort of wanted to be the only one in family and close friends so that I would get all the attention(i may eat my words later on after being tired of all the attention).

I am jealous and pouting.... LOL

Re: Early confession / sort of rant.

• If you want attention, get a drastic makeover.  ;)

There has been a baby boom since 2006.  Second largest in history.  (Actually driven by Hollywood.  ugh.)   There is something to be said for waiting till a couple is indeed as ready as they can be.

One thing about not being pregnant 'first'?  It means you'll have the littlest baby amongst your friends/family.  The little ones get more 'attention' than the big ones.  Does that help?  Lol.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (sGpn)

• Being pregnant is not a competition.  Please don't get pregnant for that reason.
  • CBLCBL member

It's definitely easy to feel jealous or upset by people who are pregnant when you want to be; especially when it's people who it doesn't seem are ready to have kids (like may be the situation with your Bro and one of his 3 girlfriends - lol) Believe me, I've been there and I know it's tough.

But you WILL get there and having a cousin or close friend for your baby to grow up with will be amazing.  You won't care about not being in the spotlight, because it will be such a great experience to be going through it all together.

Plus, if yours is the youngest, think of all the great hand me downs!  We've got so much stuff on it's way from my SIL - it's amazing!

• I used to feel that way too but now that I am already pregnant my mood changed, yours will too! I have a cousin who?s been having a hard time getting PG, married for 5 yrs they?ve been trying for 2.5 yrs - so I WANT her to be!

I agree on the hand-me-downs, that?s always a bonus! And another thing is that you?ll have people to hang out with while on Mat. Leave?my poor GF is home alone and bored out of her mind! LOL

Just tell your DH to ?kick it up a knotch? and you?ll be in the same grouping hahaha

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;94/st/20100202/n/Mia+Rose/dt/6/k/0005/age.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • image onetier:
    Being pregnant is not a competition.  Please don't get pregnant for that reason.

That's not what she said Stick out tongue

Example: It's like when you want a specific car, it seems that everyone arround you has it and you see it all over the roads..it's like it's taunting you!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;94/st/20100202/n/Mia+Rose/dt/6/k/0005/age.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • image All_Planned:

image onetier:
    Being pregnant is not a competition.  Please don't get pregnant for that reason.

That's not what she said Stick out tongue

Example: It's like when you want a specific car, it seems that everyone arround you has it and you see it all over the roads..it's like it's taunting you!!

Exactly!!!

DH and I have been discussing this since like Jan.- Feb.
    We are not doing it because they are... it seems like just as we are ready to make that step... everyone is popping up with the news!

• Sorry Ash it just came off sounding like it was a competition for you.

Now that I understand better... sometimes it happens that with friends you are all sort of at the same stages of your life, so things happen together.  Sometimes one friend will wait for another to make a big announcement and then make their own, even if they've been thinking about it for a long time.

I can see though how you would want it to be special - meaning be the one that's pregnant and not everyone else as well.  But as you said.. at least you'll be able to share it with the friends you are close with.

And... you can look at all your friends before you and see what NOT to do.

• My sister and my brothers wife have been pregnant at the exact same time twice (like they deliver within weeks/a few months of eachother). I have to say there is nothing more awesome them watching their kids grow up together. Seriously, I think they are so lucky for having that.

Maybe try to think of it that way. You will still get loads of attention when you get pregnant and you will get the benefit of hand me downs and having close cousins (blood and not blood) for your LO to grow up with.

• I can see why you would feel that way, but like some others have said, imagine how much fun it will be when your kids grow up around the same age?

I wish our child would have some cousins around the same age, but there is no chance of that! Boo. In any case, I'm excited to hear you guys are talking about it!