Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

why so serious?

So I was wondering if anyone on here has realized that the vast majority of women that comment on the boards are slightly rude?

If you are not one of those ladies, do you get what I mean?

And all the talking in abbreviations...I can't understand any of the jibberish. It just seems so...childish? I don't know. I just don't get it.

It is truly a shame because the knot, the nest, and the bump are all wonderful sites but often times I feel the site would be better with more monitoring of forums or less crazy ladies? Heh. I don't know thats just my opinion.

I've used a different account on The Knot and even when asking simple questions, bored women were just sitting and waiting to attack.

Why? Is it empowering? I don't know. I'm sure some others on here aren't so ridiculous and get what I'm saying.

Re: why so serious?

• This is the third post I've seen from you under this name, and you're batting 1000 in ridiculous, flameworthy posts.  I have no doubt that you were every bit as asinine under your old name.
  • I think it varies from board to board on here.  For instance, I like this board for being very blunt in responses about situations posted on here - there's some snark from time to time, but honestly, some of the situations posted here deserve a little snark because the OP is being so clueless.  (And no, I don't think it's childish to use OP to indicate "original poster" - it's like saying RSVP or ASAP instead of typing the whole thing out.)

But other boards do tend to get vicious, and yes, I think it's because there are women out there who a) are a little too into voicing their snarkiness in an anonymous yet public forum, and b) they have way too much time on their hands.  That's why it's always wise to lurk around before participating so you can get a feel.

Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.
  • I just want you to know that I'm calling 911 because evidently someone is holding a gun to your head and making you read these boards, the content of which you apparently do not like or enjoy.
  • Pot meet kettle.
    A big old middle finger to you, stupid Nest.
  • If you're referring to the "In-Law issues" post re: the dog, it's because the life of a living, breathing, feeling creature is at stake. At least two of the posters are heavily involved in rescuing homeless animals, and feel very strongly about it.

It's like going onto the Breastfeeding board on the Bump and singing the praises of bottle feeding.

• LOL at this one.....

(that means laughing out loud) 

• image fussbucket:
    I just want you to know that I'm calling 911 because evidently someone is holding a gun to your head and making you read these boards, the content of which you apparently do not like or enjoy.

LMAO, this is perfect!!

PS: LMAO = laughing my azz off and PS = post script

• Since you have this problem with every board you visit, my guess is that it your annoying statements that get people to react negatively to you.

We ALL can figure out what you are saying. can YOU figure outthe responses?

• So why are you here?

• GBCKGBCK member
    Ancient Membership Combo Breaker

Yeah, How DARE these people have boards where the sit and chat in ways that are acceptable to them.

The ALL need to, instead, conform to MY ideals of a message board.    Because there aren't 3,000,000 other message boards/chat rooms/whatever on the internet where I could find what I"m looking for...there isn't any way for me to find what I want elsewhere.  No no, it MUST be this message board that must conform to my will.

Huh? 

• All boards are different; it's best to lurk for a while before you post.  Sure, some of us are bored old hags who need a little enterainment during the monotony of a work day.  However, so long as the OP is not being ridiculously flameworthy, a majority of us will try to give good, concrete advice.

However, if the OP is as flammable as gasoline, we're going to light the match, if only to make him or her realize that he/she is being a big, farking idiot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry, but you pretty much fit the bill for my definition of a crazy lady. That's just my opinion. I don't know. So, could you post less?
  • imoanimoan member
    10000 Comments Eighth Anniversary
    Why do you guys keep throwing more dirt and water into this mess?
    Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • Grandma?  You've come back from the dead! **hugs**
  • I disagree with you. I've posted some issues and asked for advice a few times on this board and every time I felt I got good insight that helped me see my situation from different angles which in turn helped me react much better than I would have had I dealt with the situation on my own. I think it's nice that the women on here are honest. If they gave everyone who posted on here just false reassurance that they were always in the right I don't think their problem would be fixed. JMO, oh I'm sorry...just my opinion.
  • I posted an opinion and was attacked, so I wanted to know who else had to undergo that for no reason.

I've then been called crazy, a freaking idiot, a sexist, etc. My goodness, ladies. Please just calm down.

If you don't agree with my opinions, that's fine. I like hearing others' opinions. The way you word things and "debate" makes you seem not so smart. I'm sure you are in real life, but if we had this discussion in person, you wouldn't dare say what you say on here. Which makes me giggle.

Also, why are you following me? That's a little creepy. This discussion wasn't started so you guys could comment on here as well. It was to other people who felt victimized by people on the boards. And obviously, some others feels that way.

Don't take yourselves so seriously and get so worked up. I don't know you. You don't know me.

So to sum this up, I get your point, so move on. And let me alone.

• Why do you feel the need to police what other people do on the internet?
  • To the people stalking her from other boards, can you please fill the rest of us in on the back story? Pretty please?
    image Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image Gastroc:

Also, why are you following me? That's a little creepy. This discussion wasn't started so you guys could comment on here as well. It was to other people who felt victimized by people on the boards. And obviously, some others feels that way.

Don't flatter yourself.  Nobody's following you.  Most people have a few boards that they frequent and when they see something flame-worthy, they respond. 

If you don't want to feel victimized/attacked, maybe you shouldn't be posting. 

• image susiederkins:
    To the people stalking her from other boards, can you please fill the rest of us in on the back story? Pretty please?

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/19725418.aspx

• image susiederkins:
    To the people stalking her from other boards, can you please fill the rest of us in on the back story? Pretty please?

Here's at least part of it, susie...

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/1/19725418/ShowThread.aspx

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • This is what she said in a post regarding some of the women on the boards being so dependent on their DHs:

"I feel women should be, at least somewhat, dependent on their husbands. I mean years ago the husbands were the breadwinners and the wives kept house and raised children. And guess what? There was a much lower divorce rate. All was in its place. It's only fairly recently that women have decided that that's not enough. That they need 'careers' just like the men. That thinking is scary to me because who raises the children? The majority of mothers now are letting others raise their kids. Imagine that generation when they grow up. Yikes.

I don't think it is a crime to depend on your man. It's how we're built. Everything else is just going against nature."

To OP (original poster) we aren't following you...there are many people that post on a bunch of different boards on a regular basis.

• Oh my. That was a fun read.

I need to go home now, pick babyderkins up from the people who raise him, and kick dh in the balls so he knows his place in our family and society.

image Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, OP, if you told me to my face that women should be dependent on men, that I shouldn't have a 'career,' and that nature wants it that way, I would definitely call you crazy to your face.
  • ROFLMAO @ U

that means Rolling On Floor Laughing My Ass Off at you.

• I didn't say you cant have careers. So calm down.

But maybe 60 hour work weeks aren't the best environment for 6 week old children? And hey, if you are on this site for so long stalking me, maybe you could've spent some more quality time with your kids. But that's just my opinion.

Part time jobs for moms- It's understandable. Hey maybe even full time if you swing your schedule right.

Like I said, stop harrassing me because I will report you. Board moderators will surely ban your posting privs.

• Excuse me, no one is going to get banned for responding to your posts. Responding to your posts on a public board is NOT harassment, and neither is reading your posts on multiple boards. 

And don't worry about my kids, because I don't have any.  

• image Gastroc:

I didn't say you cant have careers. So calm down.

But maybe 60 hour work weeks aren't the best environment for 6 week old children? And hey, if you are on this site for so long stalking me, maybe you could've spent some more quality time with your kids. But that's just my opinion.

Part time jobs for moms- It's understandable. Hey maybe even full time if you swing your schedule right.

Like I said, stop harrassing me because I will report you. Board moderators will surely ban your posting privs.

You're so funny. Guess what I am at work.

Oh no I might be harrassing you because I relied. *Hand on cheek* Oh