New Jersey Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tell me your favorite NJ wedding venue

2»

Re: Tell me your favorite NJ wedding venue

• imagegabye125:

The Park Savoy in Florham Park - AMAZING

Aw Thanks!!!  My favorite too - I got married there & we had the reception to follow so all my wedding pics in my bio are there, bridal suite to the end of the evening.  The food was so good that one guest (a sous chef in NYC0 went back & complimented the chef.  He said everything was great & that he truly enjoyed the meal.  According to him it didn't taste pre-prepared & that it was a wonderful surprise because he doesn't usually like the food at weddings.

• Florentine Gardens where we got married :)

The Venetian ranks up there too.  However, I dont' think it's quite as expensive as she's saying.  I went with my friend when she booked her wedding there and it wasn't even close to 300.00 a person.

• Loved my place, Indian Trail Club, Franklin Lakes

Seasons in Washington Township.. the Decor is so not me, but the food was EXCELLENT

Macalusos in Hawthrone also not my decor, but GREAT food

Went to a few weddings at Il Tulipano also good

Florentine Gardens is great and Stony Hill Inn in Hackensack

Places I didn't Like, . Lake Valhalla Club in Montvale, beautiful grounds, but clubhouse was way to small for the wedding we went to and food was mediocre, Windsor Gardens in Lodi, though that wedding was like 8 years ago, but food was awful, the Park Ridge Marriott.?

• The Knoll Country Club.....they were great to us. people still comment on the facility and the food. It has a great outdoor area as well. We paid 102pp

our beautiful babies imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Venitian can be pricey, but it does not have to be that high. Try the Chart House in Weehawken. Nanina's in the Park is beautiful. I also love the Brownstone in Paterson.
  • Not sure if it is too far but I had nothing but great experience with the Bridgewater Manor. :o)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we were VERY happy with our venue...The Chanticler in Short Hills.

we had our engagement party and RD at Seasons...and my baby shower is at Venetian (is it REALLY that pricey?  seems high to me)...love both of them as well.  we've had many family parties at both locations.

i've heard amazing things about Pleasantdale Chateau but i've never been...and anyway, it's in that 300 range.

liberty house - IMO not worth the money...that's where i THOUGHT i wanted to get married until we went and saw the package and the room...not worth what they charge.

Westmount CC is also very nice...and if she wants to get married down the shore, tell her to call Congress Hall in Cape May...my best friend got married there and it was really nice.

• kako14kako14 member
    I got married at Nanina's in the Park and it was fabulous, but I'm partial to that....it was about $150.  I've also been to weddings at Florentine Gardens and Westmount Country Club that were terrific too.  I've heard great things about the Crystal Plaza also.
  • we got married at The Tides in N. Haledon and we loved it, food was great.  we got married in may and we had use of their main gardens, it was beautiful in bloom.  they were renovating their gardens at the time so it's probably even better now.

best thing is that it's not that pricey!

we've also attended weddings at the Venetian and worth all the rave.

• neen01neen01 member
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We got married at the Palace in Somerset and loved it!
    Janine image image image
  • I third the Maplewood Country Club- also where I got married, and it was perfect.  I also have been to a few weddings at the Knoll West, and loved it there too. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Seasons, same owners as The Venetian- great food, good prices and I am still getting raves about my wedding 2 years ago!
  • Highlawn Pavillion (I'm biased though!)

Park Savoy

Mommy to Olivia 06.07.06 & Tyler 04.08.09 & Ashley 01.05.11
  • I love Seasons!!!  Old Mill Inn in Basking Ridge is nice. IL Tulipano is really good food.
  • I am orginally from SI and we were going to get married at Russo's on the bay, only because they are family friends.  My sister got married there so we decided against it.  The food is awesome, but they can hold more than 1 party at a time.

Our reception was at the Crystal Plaza in Livingston

• Loved my wedding -- The Tides Estate in North Haledon - FAR less than $300/pp/

Among the best I have been to in NJ -- Seasons, Westmount CC, Rockleigh CC, Valley Regency.  And Pleasantdale Chateau if you have $$$ to burn.

Lisa - mommy to Ryan 1-15-07
  • park savoy was our dream location
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very partial to Il Tulipano - we still get raves - PIB

Places I've loved - Westmount CC, Maplewood CC (although the room is more rectangle), Crystal Plaza, Park Savoy

Venetian was really nice...but it felt "cold"...went to 2 weddings there and although the food & service was amazing...it just didn't feel warm to me.

Brownstone has great great food..but it can be a pita in terms of too many events going on at once.

Russos on the Bay was ok..a bit dated.

There were a few places out in long island that I went to as well:

Carlyle on the Green - it was just amazing!

Chateu Briand - really good..but rooms were "dark"

Watermill Caterers - again amazing...

Long Island has some great places

PS - not sure if you even wanted NY venues..but I saw some pp had given some..

• . For weddings along the Hudson check out Jersey City Hyatt and Arthur's Landing.?

• imagemelbride2005:

liberty house - IMO not worth the money...that's where i THOUGHT i wanted to get married until we went and saw the package and the room...not worth what they charge.

I agree. We also thought we wanted the Liberty House, but it was so not worth it on many levels - the package, room, no real privacy, sharing bathrooms, etc. The view is amazing, though.

We married at the Newark Club - absolutely FABULOUS! 

Other nice venues: Seasons, Rockliegh CC, Florentine Gardens, Stony Hill Inn.

• I got married at the Park Savoy and it is a fabulous venue.  I would love to go to another wedding there.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • We were married in South Jersey, but all of DH's family is from North Jersey.

My favorite wedding was at the Crystal Plaza in Livingston. The food was FANTASTIC!

Also loved the Rockleigh Country Club.  The grounds were beautiful and the inside would make for great photos. 

Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers