Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Holy Moly. This was C&P'd from PCE

where it was C&P'd from Parenting.

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/1/18339237/ShowThread.aspx

OMG is all I can say. I can't see the posts that are linked, because for some reason links to the bump are blocked at work, crazy shiznit.

Re: Holy Moly. This was C&P'd from PCE

• I've said it before and will say it again. The baby boards are insanity!!! Well, actually, most of the national boards are :)

I like our little board and the other little board that I post on :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Yikes!! On my club board last year, someone's BOSS was e-mailed about her time on the nest b/c she pissed someone else off. She was fired. Sh!t like that scares me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How would anyone be able to get the husbands (or bosses) email adress??
    [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Song4themoon/39_zps3c530767-1_zps65ac5d58.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Song4themoon/24_zps1f2cabb9-1_zpsde31711d.jpg[/IMG]

My Receipe Blog
  • image JennigoesUSA:
    How would anyone be able to get the husbands (or bosses) email adress??

Actually pretty easily. If they are Facebook/MySpace friends, or have had any contact off the nest, with maybe a personal email address, it would not be hard to google and find someone. Especially if they are listed on their employer's webpage with contact info. It would be super easy with just a first and last name, and a general idea of where the person lived. It is really scary, and is making me rethink Facebook a LOT.

• image JennigoesUSA:
    How would anyone be able to get the husbands (or bosses) email adress??

Some of the ladies on PCE mentioned that it could have been found through Facebook. So many nesties belong to various Facebook groups that they would have access to your profile information. It's possible that if a DH's profile was open for other people to see they could easily get their e-mail address. 

• image AKBrideinMD:
    Yikes!! On my club board last year, someone's BOSS was e-mailed about her time on the nest b/c she pissed someone else off. She was fired. Sh!t like that scares me.

What?! That is insane and really so sad that someone would do that to another person.

I read her posts on the Bump board, am I wrong for not seeing what's so bad about it? 

• Yikes.  That is NUTS.  This is why I stay here and don't venture out to the national boards!
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Seriously, wtf is wrong with people?  And it's cause of crazy crap like this that the multiples board defected.  Too many psychos and lurkers stealing baby pictures and making up their own identities.  And now, calling husbands and employers?  I know it's happened before, but hell...it's a freaking message board people
  • OMG..that is creepy that someone tracked down and emailed her husband like that.

She was being pretty b1tchy to that girl, but i won't say the OP wasn't deserving of some of the comments.  But to email her husband takes it to a whole new level. 

And that is why I stay away from national boards if possible!! (But I do have a burning question for the toddler moms- wish me luck!!)

• i'm quite familiar with this poster.  she's made most of her information public in her posts.  she has mentioned numerous times that he is a golf "pro" and a bunch of other stuff that makes it easy to find his info.

she's pretty crazy.  She's GBCN many many times.

• That's nuts. Even crazier is the 3-4 other posters who said stuff like that happened to them! It always seems like stuff like that happens on the baby boards. What's up with that?!
  • That's crazy!  Why the heck would someone feel the need to email about that?  She hasn't done anything wrong and no one is in danger.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • seriously girls, she is a whack job.  most likely this story is MUD. She loves attention and has been caught in numerous lies in the past.  We got married around the same time and were prego together.
  • It's clearly the Katie girl that prematurely determined the sex of her baby.  Craziness.
    Holiday Card 2011
    The Baloney Bug, A Blog
  • Holy crap! Indifferent This is why I'm careful on message boards.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here is another story that she told on TN and was caught in a lie.  She posted this story about how she lost her engagement ring on their honeymoon and had not had one since then.  She then posted on Valentine's Day that her DH bought her this gorgeous new ring set.  I stumbled upon the fake ring accidentally.  I had been selling a pair of shoes that I bought for Kira that she never wore on ebay.  MBB won the item, i happened to look at her history of items that she bought on ebay as I do all my winning bidders, want to make sure they have good feedback.  The last item that she had purchased was this diamondique ring set that they sell on QVC.  It was the same set that she posted this elaborate story of how her DH hid them for her and made her find clues and then she found the rings with a romantic picnic lunch or something like that.
  • image Joanis018:
    It's clearly the Katie girl that prematurely determined the sex of her baby.  Craziness.

Exactly!! I thought it was pretty obvious it was her, she was the common theme of bot posts. And I understand the girl went about her comments with a biithcy tone but so did 80% of the other posters, it's still uncalled for to email her DH!

• That is nuts!