Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

If your DH gets home late do you wait for dinner???

Cliff is nto home yet, its almost 7.  Dinner is cooked.  I am starving.  Would it be rude if I ate without him?  I usually wait for him but I am just hungry tonight.  GRRRRRR

Re: If your DH gets home late do you wait for dinner???

• Eat!!!!! If you are hungry you can only wait so long.
  • I try to wait but it depends on HOW late he is going to be. It got to a point where I would have a snack and then eat dinner. More calories are no bueno...now I tend to eat without him and he doesn't mind.
  • It depends on HOW late he is and why.  Tonight he is waterskiing so he'll be home after 8pm, and since it's a leisure thing that he chooses to do, I'll eat without him.  If he got stuck late at school/work and had a long day, I try to wait!
  • It's usually me that is late at night when I'm stuck at work doing experiments.  I tell DH to eat if he is hungry.  I don't mind, I'm just so thankful that food is actually ready when I get home.

Can I just say that I'm proud - I got home at an early (for me) time tonight and I had dinner ready tonight. :)

My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • By the time I pick up Mia, run any errands, get us home and everything put away, it's rare that he's home later than dinner.  But in those cases, I generally feed Mia and try to wait for him... unless I'm irked about him being late (ie, it's his own fault) or I'm *really* starving.

So, in your case, if you're that hungry, I'd go ahead and eat.  

• he just got home.  had i went ahead and ate i would not ahve seen what bowswer killed in the yard.
  • When it was just the 2 of us I would wait.  Now that DD is a big girl and eats with us, I wouldn't wait.  Its not fair to throw off her schedule- at least thats what I would tell him!
  • It depends on how late.  Aiden eats with us, and he will pretty much have a melt down if we don't eat by 6:30.
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • image firedancer1028:
    When it was just the 2 of us I would wait.  Now that DD is a big girl and eats with us, I wouldn't wait.  Its not fair to throw off her schedule- at least thats what I would tell him!

Yeah, ditto this- not that Eloise eats a ton, but we try and get her to eat with us or at least me.  I don't do the whole feed the child and put her to bed w/o DH home.  He is in charge of bathtime and bedtime w/ her. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yes I eat. This is exactly why microwaves were invented. I wouldn't expect DH to wait for me, either.
  • For the past several weeks DH has been working 12 hour shifts, so I usually eat without him. He knows I can't wait to eat at 8:00 p.m. Personally I think you should just eat without him. When does Kira eat? Before then? Well I would eat with her.
    image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yeahh I would definitely be eating.  I try to time dinner for when DH gets home, but if something comes up, he's late, etc, yeah, I chow down and just sit with him when he eats later.
  • I usually call DH before I'm about to start anything to find out when he'll be home, sometimes he gets stuck on a call or traffic is bad...so I try to guage the time accordingly.  But if I put dinner on the table and it has to sit there for more than 5 minutes I start eating so it doesn't get cold and I just cover his and put it in the microwave until he gets home. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I swear I am the worst wife ever.  DH does all the cooking so this is never a problem!  However, he is rarely late at work since he can work from the house.  I would never be mad if he didn't wait for me to eat.  He cooked so he should be able to eat when he's hungry! 
    Pregnancy Ticker