November 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Recipes on a budget, please!

It's quite simple, we're broke... and today was pay day!!

Do you have any recipes that are easy, cheap, most likely to be made with things you would alredy have? We're going to the store here in a bit and I really want that tab down... We have pork and chicken, so I won't spend much on meat.

Thank you ladies! 

Re: Recipes on a budget, please!

• OK, this is going to sound pretty bad, but seriously, one of my and DH's favs!  One box of mac and cheese and one can of Denisons chili.  Kind of like Hamburger Helper, but IMO better!  Seriously sometimes I make it with two of each and we make ourselves sick because we eat so much. Stick out tongue

What else...Well, there is always chicken with rice and veggies, very healthy and inexpensive. I guess I am not really a receipe person because they take too many ingredients! You can do chicken fettuccine alfredo, with one of the sauce pack mixes. Fajitas are easy too, I can make just about anything easy with chicken. Oh, saute chicken add stewed tomatoes simmer to absorb flavor, serve over rice.  Super easy pseudo chicken cacciatore.

• Get to love whole wheat pasta! There are a bunch of things you can do with it-- baked casseroles, soups, linguini dishes, lo mein noodles, stuffed shells...and it's sooo cheap!
  • I have to agree with Erin on this.  Every time I go to the store I buy boatloads of pasta and use it for weeks.  Especially in warm weather, a cold pasta salad.....YUM!
  • Thanks Erin! I loaded up on pasta and I already told DH to be ready for lots of pasta, burritos, and brinners!! lol

Thank you all!

• I know this is late but I usually make this when I'm short on time and ingredients.  I got it from allrecipes.com awhile ago and it is super easy.  I subsitute olive oil for the butter.  We'll just eat veggies or a salad on the side.

A good easy garlic chicken

3 tablespoons butter 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 2 teaspoons garlic powder 1 teaspoon seasoning salt 1 teaspoon onion powder

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with garlic powder, seasoning salt and onion powder. Saute about 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.