D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

VENT: USPS "customer service"

I ordered a baby shower gift for a friend on Amazon and it never arrived. The USPS tracking online shows that it was shipped and the post office received it but it doesn't look like it made it any further than that. SO. I just called the USPS 1-800 number to find out if I need to contact Amazon or the post office about the missing package.

When I finally get through to a person, she simply says, hello, this is XXX, our system is currently down and you'll need to call back at another time, and she tries to hang up. I say, whoa, wait, I just have a question, thinking that even though her computer is down, she can still answer a basic post office question since she works for the POST OFFICE.

She says she can try to answer my question, but their system is down (yes, I know that). I explain the situation. She says that she cannot track my package b/c the system is down. I explain that I don't need her to track it, I already know it didn't arrive. I just need to know who the correct party to contact--the shipper (Amazon) or the post office.

She tells me that she cannot answer my question. Why? Because the SYSTEM IS DOWN.

Honestly. I really thought someone who worked for the post office could answer a simple question without the assistance of a computer. Sigh.

Photobucket

Re: VENT: USPS "customer service"

• image claraj:

Honestly. I really thought someone who worked for the post office could answer a simple question without the assistance of a computer. Sigh.

This makes me laugh, only because I work for the federal government (though not USPS), and I work with lots of wonderful, capable people, but I also work with what I would consider "typical" feds who give the "scripted" answer no matter what.  You may as well have talked to a brick wall with a sign on it that read "the system is down."  So annoying.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • I believe that USPS worker you talked to falls in the camp whose mantra is "good enough for government work"

What a PITA.  Good luck with finding your package!

• Have you been in person to your local post office to see if the package is there?  Maybe it was one of the ones you have to sign for and they never left a notification at your house.  I found calling is pointless and going in person you can usually get some sort of answer.
  • UGH! How annoying!

In much happier news, the photo in your signature is ADORABLE!

• I think you'll have better luck with Amazon's customer service -- I recently ordered some items from them, and one of the items was missing from my shipment. I sent them an email, and they responded within a couple of hours to say that they were shipping it to me. Yay for Amazon!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image gtown_bride:
    I think you'll have better luck with Amazon's customer service -- I recently ordered some items from them, and one of the items was missing from my shipment. I sent them an email, and they responded within a couple of hours to say that they were shipping it to me. Yay for Amazon!

That's exactly what I did. Amazon is sending a new item 2-day express mail. Yay!

Photobucket
  • image vanclea2:

In much happier news, the photo in your signature is ADORABLE!

Thanks!

Photobucket