Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Breast Cancer

My Boss just told me she has Breast Cancer. She said that it is small and early. She is such a good person. She just had knee surgery not to long ago and now she is dealing with this. I want to do something for her. Maybe give her some gift that will help her keep her mind off it.....any ideas? Or should I just let it go?

Re: Breast Cancer

• Perhaps a GC for pampering...or just a card to let her know you're thinking of her while she goes through this.
    image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant
  • I would send a card to let her know that she's in your thoughts.  A GC is a good idea too--do you know what kinds of things she enjoys? 
  • A past bride of mine was diagnosed with breastcancer and I have been with her through the whole ordeal from the start.

She keeps saying that she doesnt want people to feel sorry for her or she will feel sorry for herself. She just wants to have people to support her when she is down and other than that treat her like they always do.

I know people are different but maybe your boss feels the same way. Maybe just communicate to her that you are there for her if she needs extra help or even a shoulder to lean on, that you are open to listen but you dont want to bug her.

From there she knows she can come to you if she needs it but at the same time she can live a normal office life as much as possible.

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Song4themoon/39_zps3c530767-1_zps65ac5d58.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Song4themoon/24_zps1f2cabb9-1_zpsde31711d.jpg[/IMG]

My Receipe Blog