Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone use Jane Iredale makeup?

I have fairly sensitive, oily and acne prone skin, and am seeking a more natural makeup line. Just curious if anyone here uses this line, and what your thoughts are on it.

I have used Bare Minerals in the past, and it didn't have the coverage I was hoping for, nor did it help in controling my oil problem, so I have been a little timid to try mineral based lines again.

Re: Anyone use Jane Iredale makeup?

• i'm looking for a new mineral line to try and was interested in Jane Iredale. i've heard good things. i've used Pur Minerals and like you said about Bare Minerals ... the coverage isn't great. it looks good at first, but it doesn't last without reapplying throughout the day.
  • I switched to Jane Iredale a few months ago and so far I'm very happy with it.  The coverage is great and buildable which is important to me, some days I want light and other days heavier coverage.  I did notice that my skin was shinier when I first started to use it but it has worked itself out and I'm much happier with it now.  I noticed you mentioned oil problems so try the samples first, most places with have samples.

It is pricier than some other lines but my skin has responded well to it. 

• I'm also using Jane Iredale. I have found the coverage to be not as good as bare minerals, to be honest, but the color is a lot more natural (bm started to look very orangey on me). I bought a compact in January, use it every day and still haven't run out.

I've also recently switched to the oil cleansing method and it's working out great. It's really made my skin less oily if you can believe that. It's also very nice to wash my skin and not have my eyes, etc burn afterwards.

• I have been using it now 8 months and am on my second compact.  I absolutely love it. I too have sensitive and acne prone skin and since I have switched to this makeup (and a super gentle cleansing routine) my skin has been so much better. The coverage might be lighter than what you are used to, but as pp suggested it is a buildable up to a medium coverage.  TBH, I like the light coverage better and since my skin looks better I really don't feel the need for more.  I love that it has sunscreen eliminating the need to apply any liquid sunscreen on my face.  It travels well, doesn't rub off on my clothes, and doesn't have that ghost-like cast that I've gotten from other mineral makeups.  The only downside is that it provides almost no coverage for undereye circles.  The Active Light concealer, however, is really great for this and has a great applicator.
  • Thanks everyone! I am hopeful to find a retailer that has sample sizes before making the full commitment. I am currently using Physicians Formula Organic makeup, and am really not all that pleased with it. I guess for drugstore makeup, it is ok. I had been using Merle Norman, and was really happy with it, but I have just grown tired of putting all that on my face really.

I honestly hate finding a new skincare routine...it is very frustrating. Thanks for your help!

• Silly question, but how do you pronounce her last name?