Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Half today!

I know I mostly lurk here but I wanted to write a little something up about my half marathon.  First, I finished with an average pace of 10:18, which I was very pleased with. Much faster than my 2002 time!  I used Jeff Galloway's run/walk method and I'm sure it's the only thing that got me through.  There were others around us doing it too, which made me feel a little better.  Someone even said, "Hey are you doing the Galloway method? So am I!". 

It never ceases to amazing me all the different types of runners out there.  Old, young...   there was this one girl that was kind of half running, half speed walking and she was pretty hefty and she beat me! So impressive.  

Even as I look at the results, a 10:18 pace is near the back of the pack, so I constantly fight myself to know I am only competing against myself and not anyone else.  

I guess that's it. I can barely walk now. I wasn't in pain after I did my last long run of 11, so I guess those extra 2 miles, plus all the hills, and my slightly faster pace really got to me.  So, the only quesetion that lingers now is... what's next!?  

Photobucket
Cycles 1-18 = a bust
DX= unexplained infertility
Cycle 19-20 On BCP, shutting down the ovaries
Cycle 21- monitored Gonal-f injections + HCG trigger = BFN
Cycle 22- 3 weeks of BCP + Gonal-f + HCG trigger = BFN
Cycle 23- 3 weeks of BCP + Gonal-f + HCG trigger - BFP!
BabyFetus Ticker
VOTE ON MY PHANTOM BABY NAMES

Re: Half today!

• Congratulations!!  That's an awesome accomplishment!! 

I'm thinking about doing a half in September.  I've thought the Galloway method might be the way to go for me too.  I would like to find a group to train with.  What was your run/walk ratio?

As for what's next, a marathon?  That's a big jump in my mind.  Or you could sign up for another half and try to PR. 

• Congrats!  That is great.  You inspire me to one day do a 1/2!
  • Way to go!  Congratulations!
    TTC since 6/08 SA and HSG normal Lap 1/10-Diagnosed with Stage 4 Endo Lupron Depot for 3 months Acupuncture and Chinese herbs since 1/10 IUI #1- C/P IUI #2- BFN Lap/Hysteroscopy 4/11-Stage 3 endo and polyp removed IVF scheduled for July 2011