Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ouch. Anyone gone to a movie lately?

9 dollars per person!!

We took my cousin to a movie and it was $27 for 3 people... plus 21 dollars for 3 pops and 2 popcorns.   Wow.  

I'll stick to my $1.07 redbox rentals and $1.00 for 3 bags of popcorn.  

Re: Ouch. Anyone gone to a movie lately?

• This would be why I haven't been to a movie theater in almost a year.  It's outrageous!
  • image am073104:
    This would be why I haven't been to a movie theater in almost a year.  It's outrageous!

Ditto! I think the last movie I saw in a theater was Juno... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH does security at 2 theaters, so we see movies about every week.  It's not the best pay out there, but getting in for free more than makes up for it.
  • image dsoltys:
    DH does security at 2 theaters, so we see movies about every week.  It's not the best pay out there, but getting in for free more than makes up for it.

That's cool.  I bet you guys have a lot of fun family time at the movies!  Wish it was affordable for the rest of us, though.

• We have a drive-in theatre here close, and it's $5 for adults, and children under 5 are free.  You can bring in your own snacks and it's for two back to back features.

The only problem...obviously, it has to start late.

But it's fun and we don't have to worry about our kids bothering others.  We can actually go to movies this way.

• In Omaha, the AMC 24 theater has $5 movies before noon on the weekends.  we have gone to a few that way, and taken our own snacks in with us.  or wait until it goes to the dollar theater and see it then :)
  • image jeana&brandon:

We have a drive-in theatre here close, and it's $5 for adults, and children under 5 are free.  You can bring in your own snacks and it's for two back to back features.

The only problem...obviously, it has to start late.

But it's fun and we don't have to worry about our kids bothering others.  We can actually go to movies this way.

I love the drive in near my husband's family lake house out by toto, IN. 

I agree with the prices.  I will not go to RAVE because theirs is a little pricer and I'm all about the matinees.  Much cheaper.

• image smiles4ya:

9 dollars per person!!

We took my cousin to a movie and it was $27 for 3 people... plus 21 dollars for 3 pops and 2 popcorns.   Wow.  

I'll stick to my $1.07 redbox rentals and $1.00 for 3 bags of popcorn.  

QFT.  

I love my bigscreen and 5.1 surround.  

I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.