Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My turn for a pity party

DH is once again, out partying with his family, having a grand time.  I'm here at home, because Hannah had to come home to go to bed.  I'm laying in bed watching a pathetic sequal movie, Grease 2.  I wouldn't feel so resentful if he'd just offer to take the sh!t shift once in a while.  Tonight is the 3rd night in a row that she's gotten to bed late.  She's going to be a bear tomorrow and of course he's going to be out doing his other job and won't be here to have to deal with it.  I suppose I should get some sleep to be ready for tomorrow. Crying

Re: My turn for a pity party

• Yeah - I hear ya. We can have a pity party together. My friends are going wakeboarding tomorrow. all day. with drinks. and music.  :(  I have no babysitter.

• Is it time for the ever-so-popular Come to Jesus talk?  Or maybe he doesn't even realize it's bothering you so much?

I'm sorry it's happening.  I have totally been there.  Yes, get some sleep!  There has to be at least one responsible parent in the bunch, and you happen to be it!

• image am073104:

Is it time for the ever-so-popular Come to Jesus talk?  Or maybe he doesn't even realize it's bothering you so much?

I'm sorry it's happening.  I have totally been there.  Yes, get some sleep!  There has to be at least one responsible parent in the bunch, and you happen to be it!

give him a chit chat.

• The only break I get is my sister's wedding in a couple weeks.  That's only because i'm the MOH and I'm basically required to be there.
  • I'm sorry :(

I agree with PP, you really need to have a talk with your hubby, feeling like this is going to take a toll on your marriage if it hasn't already.

• I'll come over and waterboard him if you want!

Be assertive.  If you keep letting him walk on you, he's just going to keep walking on you.  And that's not fair!  So be strong! :)

• Tell him how you feel!!! My husband always tells me "I can't read your mind!!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image BoutTime:

Be assertive.  If you keep letting him walk on you, he's just going to keep walking on you.  And that's not fair!  So be strong! :)

Ditto.  It's certainly fine to vent, but in the end, if you don't address your concerns with your DH, the same behavior is going to keep happening.

• We had a chit chat last night.  He came home while I was writing this post.  I told him I was tired of always being the one to take Hannah home early.  He said he offered 3 times, so that I could stay.  I honestly never heard him.  (I have a slight hearing loss in one ear.  The only time it bothers me is when there's a lot of background noise, like at a party.  I very well could've never heard him.)  So, now I need to make sure he knows to confirm that I've heard him when we in loud busy places.
  • image Heather&Dave:
    We had a chit chat last night.  He came home while I was writing this post.  I told him I was tired of always being the one to take Hannah home early.  He said he offered 3 times, so that I could stay.  I honestly never heard him.  (I have a slight hearing loss in one ear.  The only time it bothers me is when there's a lot of background noise, like at a party.  I very well could've never heard him.)  So, now I need to make sure he knows to confirm that I've heard him when we in loud busy places.

..so the fact that you were completely ignoring him when he asked, rather than acknowledging him and saying no didnt put off a red flag that maybe you didnt hear him, to him?!  I mean for real. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers