Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WTF. Link in post.

Ladies, when I pop juney out I promise not to post pictures of myself afterwards with MILK LEAKING OUT OF MY BOOBS ALL OVER MY TANK TOP.

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/16585620.aspx

Seriously.  Why!?  What would have been so  hard about changing shirts before you took a picture you were going to post on the internet!?  It's almost like she's showing off the fact that she's got leaking nips.. bravo, bravo!  Indifferent

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: WTF. Link in post.

• Thank you Smile

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • I was looking at the pic thinking, okay, that could be something that she spilt that was just in a bad spot, but then to call herself a cow? ?Weird. ?
  • Oh lordy, well said. She looks cooky anyways - why would you post that and then everyone acted oblivious.. yuck.
  • and I'm the only one who finds this weird on that board?!  Are the rest of those ladies just blowing smoke up herass!?  I'm seriously confused..
  • Oy - that was me at olive garden after O was born -- other nesties can confirm that.....embarassing - I would never let a picture be taken of that.
  • image tiff-n-nick:
    Oy - that was me at olive garden after O was born -- other nesties can confirm that.....embarassing - I would never let a picture be taken of that.

I realize that its just a part of what happens, and that you have no control of it - but it post a picture of it on the internet, and call attention to it?  Really?

PS: Next time put a bra on, too. 

• image tiff-n-nick:
    Oy - that was me at olive garden after O was born -- other nesties can confirm that.....embarassing - I would never let a picture be taken of that.

I think this happens to a lot of mommies... It happened to me at my BIL's engagement party- it was lovely. I hid from any cameras (and everyone else) for the rest of the night.

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • no no no no no

Please do not take pictures like that and then call it out

Ick!

• Interesting... Confused
  • Yea, I agree -- I wouldn't be posing from the camera -- it happened a few times to me, too...at the beginning especially -- but definitely wasn't in front of the camera and posting it calling myself a cow -- oh boy oh boy!
    Stefanie
    Happily Married Since 11.29.02
    Brayden Kenneth born 3.27.06
    Blaire Kay born 7.10.10

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • wow.   nursing pads should be her friend
  • njh514njh514 member

Oh my. Yeah..... that's really odd. These were my BEST friend. I never leaked for 2 reasons. 1- i was never producing that much and 2- because I used these http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=19&catid=3&ret=catalog.php%3Fpage%3D2%26category%3D3&gclid=CKqR2qbr45oCFSMeDQod31lIBg

best.thing.ever.

(trust me- and go buy some today)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Nancy, I just read about these the other day...I was just going to ask on the BF board about them!
    image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP 7/7/08, M/C 7/8/08, BFP 9/23/08, M/C 9/24/08, BFP 11/2/08 TWINS!,
    Lost Our 10 month old Baby Boy Rowan 3/12/10 BFP 8/25/10
  • njh514njh514 member

image lacey_ja_r:
    Nancy, I just read about these the other day...I was just going to ask on the BF board about them!

Buy them. FAR more comfortable than the disposable ones. Those always bunched up funny and just seemed to scratch my super sensitive and sore nips at the beginning. NOT FUN!

• So I'm guessing you missed the 6-12 girls PIPing their placentas a while back?

I'm all for being au naturale, but that was a little much.

• njh514njh514 member
    image cracky!:

So I'm guessing you missed the 6-12 girls PIPing their placentas a while back?

I'm all for being au naturale, but that was a little much.

oh my.

I asked to look at the placenta but I certainly wasn't taking pictures of it or anything. I was heavily drugged and more tired than I have ever been in my entire life. I wasn't thinking clearly. I was very stressed and I guess I just redirected my attention to the placenta so I wouldn't freak out about my baby with that tiny little oxygen mask on and nurses all around him.  I'm pretty interested in the science of everything and I found it super interesting, but I wasn't going to be touching it.

It's interesting to see what some people find perfectly acceptable when others think it's a little too out there.