Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*Kasi*

I saw your reply on the travel board & didn't want this to get lost if I replied back to you & you didn't see it there =)

We're going in July. ?I found the flight deal on Orbitz and for the hotel and car, I booked directly on the hotel's website.?

Lemme know if you want more details.?

Re: *Kasi*

• Kasi80Kasi80 member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    I already booked ours.  Not quite as a good a deal as yours though.  That is awesome!  We are going in June and it seems like that month is the most expensive.  What island are you going to?

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Oah'u... and we're staying right in Waikiki.  I am already counting down the days till we leave!!  

What about you? Which island?

• Kasi80Kasi80 member

We're going to Oahu as well and staying in Waikiki.  I like the north shore better but I couldn't find any hotels up there on any of the travel sites so we booked a hotel in Waikiki.  We have a car reserved so it's not a big deal.  We're going in 3 weeks.  I'm way excited.  I think I saw a flight for $310 but at the time we hadn't made the decision to go to Hawaii yet.  When we decided we were going the flights were no lower than $450.  I sat on it for awhile and found a really good deal on a package.

Which hotel are you staying at?  I booked a hotel I haven't been to before.  The last time we stayed at a nice hotel.  It wasn't ritzy but we upgraded to a studio room and that room was really nice.  I'm worried about the hotel we're staying at this time.  I know we're going to have to upgrade rooms to get a nice room.  

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Ya, there's not too many places in the N.Shore to stay.  Your limited to paying $$$$$ at Turtle Bay Resort or get a roach infested hotel room at Laie Inn. =(

Sounds like we'll be leaving as you come back - -we leave in about 5 weeks!!

We'll be staying at the Aqua Waikiki Pearl (used to be the Aqua Waikiki tides).  They've been going thru a renovation but it should be done sometime in June.  It's not a 4 star hotel, but we just need a clean place to crash.

We got the 'Snooze & Cruise' deal - room & car and it also covers the parking fee for the rental - - I think it's freaken outrageuos that most hotels charge about $20 a day for parking your rental on their lot!

Where will you be staying?  Have you checked Tripadvisor.com for reviews on the hotel you'll be staying at?

Gwenz was nice enough to send me a list of places to eat in Oahu.  If you'd like it, let me know & I'll send it to you.

• You gotta go to Puka dog! It's amazing!

http://www.pukadog.com/waikiki

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest image
  • Kasi80Kasi80 member

I've never heard of a "Snooze & Cruise".  So cool that you were able to get a combo deal on a car and parking.  We're stuck paying the $20/day.  :(  I guess there's parking around the area of the hotel and in a review they said you can park at the zoo for free (I think) so we'll see about that.  We were able to get a good deal on a rental at $108 for the week through USAA.  Without the discount we were quoted at almost $300 for the week.  CRAZY!   

We're staying at Queen Kapiolani.  The reviews said it's an older hotel but decent if you have an upgraded room.  We got the standard because stupid me clicked it by mistake (the ghetto rooms).  I meant to upgrade.  Oh well.  I read the reviews and people said when they got there they got free upgrades so we'll see.  If it's not free I'm willing to pay for a nicer room.  It's a 3 star hotel, maybe a 2 star, I don't know.  I don't mind though.  Last time we went to Hawaii we were sight seeing and only in the room to sleep, not hang out. 

As for the list, heck yes email it to me!  LOL.  Last time we went we ate at the familiar fast food and restaurant chains so that was not exciting at all.  My email is [email protected]

What is on your itinerary for your vacation?  We did all the touristy things last time we went and spent so much money bceause all the tours are big $.  I definitely don't want to do that again.  This time we are just going to relax at the beach and hike.   

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:

• Kasi80Kasi80 member
    Thanks for the rec.  I'll make note of it and make sure we go!  Yes

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:

• Robyn - Def. going to try and make it to Puka Dog! ?It looks soooo yummy!

Kasi - YGM!?