Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

braggart post

we bought a dishwasher!
Home Depot had a sale, and we got a great DW for under 500$, plus we'll be getting a 50$ rebate in a few weeks too!

It has a stainless interior, which was high on my "options" list, and I opted for dial controls over the soft touch buttons, I figure it will last longer (and if it breaks it's a much cheaper repair!)

complications:
we bought white, our appliances are "almond" right now, we plan to change as we get $$ though.??
we have to cut out a cupboard, build a cabinet, re-counter the room and plumb it in!
Ayayayay!? We didn't have one at all before so I think all the work will be worth it.? ?It's going to be a long weekend....

Re: braggart post

• Oh ya baby!! That rocks!!  I gotta say, your post before about not having a dishwasher made me remember when we didn't have one and how horrible that was!  You are gonna love it!  And the work will totally be worth it!
  • Oooh that is exciting!!  Do you mind me asking what kind it was??  My mom's dishwasher recently broke and she needs a new one.  My step dad decided to wash all his baseball hats in it and now it won't work..
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I love that Kriz_b's step dad washed all his baseball caps in the dishwasher! I keep giggling over that. :D

As for having a new dishwasher...YEAH! I remember when we didn't have one (a few places ago) and at the time I thought it was fine but once we got one there was no turning back. 

• I had to get my mom to explain it to me a second time.  The best part is that he will have to take all the blame and buy the new one.  They just bought a new dryer like a month ago. (no he didn't dry his hats..lol)
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Sooooooo jealous right now. I hate washing dishes. I was spoiled and grew up with a dishwasher....these past few years have been pretty tough on my poor hands (LOL). Someday I will get as excited about appliances as all the homeowners on the boards.
  • That should make your busy life a little bit easier. I may have to check the sale out, too. We have had an empty spot in our kitchen cabinetry awaiting a dishwasher installation since 4 years ago when the house was built Sad
  • It's a GE.? The sale ended last night, but it's still a great deal.? I think it starts at 499$ for the white or black model, we saved PST, and they reduced the price by 60$ (for fun? I'm not sure)

I was pretty adamant before that a dishwasher wasn't a "need", but then I got so busy with work!? No more washing the dishes while I watch Y&R.? We had one growing up, and thankfully at my last student apartment (saved so many fights I'm sure!!!) too, so it's been a while.

I read recently about how much less water is used doing a full DW load than handwashing.? I?told Dave we could start looking, then with the job I was swamped with dishes and couldn't wait!? This is going to be amazing!
  • so jealous! We don't have one either and I am so excited for the day it comes.

I grew up with a dishwasher, but haven't had one for years b/c my ghetto student apaartment didn't have one.

Enjoy! And who cares it doesn't match, it washes your dishes!!! 

• yay!!!!!!!! when we bought our house there was an empty space in the cabinetry calling for a dishwasher, so it was our one "must buy".... glad you got a good deal =)