International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Help me choose a movie

DH and I are going out tonight to dinner and a movie for our 7th dating anniversary. The movie choice in the local cinema is not so great for tonight. I was hoping to go to the art cinema to watch Coco Avant Chanel (biography of Coco Chanel) but the movie is in French with Dutch subtitles and DH says he can't read Dutch fast enough :( so that is out.

So we are limited to:

- Angels and demons

- Duplicity (a thriller with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen)

- X-men - I really really don't want to watch this but I know that DH is dying to see it

Have you seen any of these and would you recommend them? Thanks!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help me choose a movie

• I've seen Angels and Demons and I liked it.  However, Wolverine is a stone fox, so I'd be swayed to see that one.  As for Duplicity, I don't like Julia Roberts so I'd skip that one.

Angels and Demons was pretty good - did you read the book?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks Liz! I did read Angels and Demons and it was OK but I was quite dissapointed with the movie The Da Vinci Code so I wanted to check whether this one was any better.
  • I second Angels and Demons. Julia Roberts / Clive Owens - sounds like 'Closer' part 2 :)
  • I also thought the Da Vinci Code film suuuucked but I was pleasantly surprised by A&D.  Plus:  Ewan McGregor. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Amy726Amy726 member
    Ancient Membership
    Angels and Demons.  I haven't seen it yet but I want to! 
    [URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/t/tni0u2adc.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Liz - Ewan McGregor - now that is a plus indeed :)

VW - I've just read some reviews and duplicity does not seem too appealing. I loved Closer though :)!

Thanks ladies, I think Angels&Demons it is.

• image BizarroLiz:
    I also thought the Da Vinci Code film suuuucked but I was pleasantly surprised by A&D.  Plus:  Ewan McGregor. 

Ewan McGregor?? SOLD!

• I third or fourth or whatever Angels and Demons... It was still your basic silly twisty Dan Brown story, but it was miles better than the awful DaVinci Code. And yes, Ewan is super yum in it :)

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Nelia has read 39 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide
  • I haven't seen it yet either, but here's another vote for Ewan... despite the fact that as he plays a priest, this is probably the first movie in years where he keeps his kit on!
  • I actually REALLY liked X-Men, so I'd vote for that one.  Have fun tonight!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image BizarroLiz:
    I also thought the Da Vinci Code film suuuucked but I was pleasantly surprised by A&D.  Plus:  Ewan McGregor. 

i couldn't have said it better!