South Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good restaurants for bachelorette party/South Beach?

Hi ladies!
I'm planning my sister's bachelorette party for this summer -- we're coming to Miami / South Beach (from Chicago) and I'm trying to find a great restaurant for dinner on a Saturday night and one for brunch on Sunday. I'm trying to find places that we wouldn't have in Chicago (no chains) and ideally would have great views, be on the water, etc. Pretty much any cuisine is okay..

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Good restaurants for bachelorette party/South Beach?

• I would say for a fun Saturday night with the girls, check out Taverna Opa, Bongo's or Mango's. Definite hot spots with tons of entertainment or action/decor.  I also know that tons of people say that the Rusty Pelican Restaurant has a great brunch on Sundays. HTH
  • taverna opa's fun!  though there aren't many restaurants on sobe with a view of the water..

miami's right, though, i LOVE the rusty pelican for brunch.  it's located on key biscayne, not south beach, but it's not that far of a drive.  you have a great view of the bay and the downtown skyline.  It's one of my favorite restaurants in Miami just because of that. 

• There are tons of GREAT restaurant on Sobe.  Some of my faves are:  China Grill, Tantra, Pearl, and Blue Door.  Check out TripAdvisor in the forums area and you'll find lots of info there.  As for brunch, I'm not a 100% positive, but I think the Ritz on Sobe may have one.  I've heard that the Sunday brunch at the Icebox Cafe on Lincoln Road's pedestrian mall is pretty good.  Good luck and have a great time while you're down here.  Let us know if you have any other questions and how it went when you get back :)
  • kupekupe member
    I had my rehearsal dinner at Macarena.
  • I recommend all the previously mentioned places for dinner.  I totally recommend Big Pink for breakfast Sunday.  It isn't a brunch per say, but it has great food, huge portions, and right on So. Beach. 
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for all of your help ladies! I'll be checking out all of the places mentioned above. :)