Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Throwing myself a chocolate party

My 27th birthday is 3 Fridays from now and I woke up this morning thinking about throwing myself a chocolate/coffee party.  I think that would be fun.  I've never thrown a party for myself before but here are my thoughts currently:

- approx. 25 guests, both guys and girls

- I have worked with the owner of a local chocolate shop before - her prices are good, she's accommodating, and her chocolate is tasty and varied.  I'll have to see how much she'd charge to do a small chocolate fountain, or maybe chocolate fondue.  I'd have small quantities of five or six different types of chocolates, plus maybe a jar or two of chocolate-covered coffee beans.

- I would do off-white as the over all color with accents of brown (chocolate and coffee) and pink (mostly light pink with some dark pink or floral mixed in).

- I would also serve fruit, cheese, crudites, etc.

- I might get the coffee from a local coffee shop - say, several different roasts, a decaf, and then maybe have a friend make his awesome limeade as a lighter option.

- Hold it either at my house, which is small but free, and the main color in my downstairs is white - or somewhere local but cute that I could rent out for cheap.

- Time of day - not sure.  I'm not serving full meals but there will be a lot of caffeine present here so I'll probably want to do it early afternoon that Saturday, say 1-3 or 2-4?  Tell me what you think.

Can you guys think of anything else or offer suggestions?  I would like to be fairly "green" and avoid producing a ton of waste so one idea I had was to encourage people to bring a coffee mug and small container to take away their favorite coffee and chocolate.  I don't own a ton of dishes or any cloth napkins so I'm not sure what to do there.  I'd also send out e-vites instead of paper invitations.  Anyway, any suggestions you all can provide on any part of this are appreciated.  Thanks!!

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Throwing myself a chocolate party

• that was the theme for my 30th birthday.  i put ferrero rochers on bamboo skewers and put those in a vase as a "floral " arrangement.  then part of the menu was pirulin, chocolates, brownies, 2 cakes, then some crackers with nutella