My 27th birthday is 3 Fridays from now and I woke up this morning thinking about throwing myself a chocolate/coffee party. I think that would be fun. I've never thrown a party for myself before but here are my thoughts currently:
- approx. 25 guests, both guys and girls
- I have worked with the owner of a local chocolate shop before - her prices are good, she's accommodating, and her chocolate is tasty and varied. I'll have to see how much she'd charge to do a small chocolate fountain, or maybe chocolate fondue. I'd have small quantities of five or six different types of chocolates, plus maybe a jar or two of chocolate-covered coffee beans.
- I would do off-white as the over all color with accents of brown (chocolate and coffee) and pink (mostly light pink with some dark pink or floral mixed in).
- I would also serve fruit, cheese, crudites, etc.
- I might get the coffee from a local coffee shop - say, several different roasts, a decaf, and then maybe have a friend make his awesome limeade as a lighter option.
- Hold it either at my house, which is small but free, and the main color in my downstairs is white - or somewhere local but cute that I could rent out for cheap.
- Time of day - not sure. I'm not serving full meals but there will be a lot of caffeine present here so I'll probably want to do it early afternoon that Saturday, say 1-3 or 2-4? Tell me what you think.
Can you guys think of anything else or offer suggestions? I would like to be fairly "green" and avoid producing a ton of waste so one idea I had was to encourage people to bring a coffee mug and small container to take away their favorite coffee and chocolate. I don't own a ton of dishes or any cloth napkins so I'm not sure what to do there. I'd also send out e-vites instead of paper invitations. Anyway, any suggestions you all can provide on any part of this are appreciated. Thanks!!