Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

gift ideas

The female portion of our best couple friends (does that make sense) graduates med school tomorrow. She'll officially be a doctor. That completely blows my mind. She's one of the most awesome people I know.

Here's the problem: although I know her well, she doesn't really ever ask for anything or need anything. She's quite the minimalist. What the heck would you get for your best friend who has just hit a massive milestone in her life, like graduating from med school? 

I'm looking for something, ANYTHING! 

(not super religious. not super girly. not into jewelry. a bit of a natural hippy type. i don't know.....)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: gift ideas

• Even if she's not girly, who doesnt love a massage?  You could get her a gift certificate to a nice place...

Or just offer to take them out to a nice dinner to celebrate?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What about a massage? I'm sure with just completing school, she could use a little relaxation! Or an engraved picture frame? (Probably lame - but it's a thought)

I always give Willow Tree Angels as gifts - not really religious - but they are collectibles. Not sure if that's her thing or not.....

Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AHHH!  is she graduating?  Wow, seems like yesterday when you told me she was starting med school.  Let's see a massage would be fun.  I can't remember are they in Lincoln or Omaha? So she's hippy like you correct? 

Blue Planet Natural Grill (haven't eaten here yet) or Dario's(one of my fav's) here in Omaha-gift card to either one might be unique. Gift card to Whole paycheck I mean Whole foods.  :-)  I know sounds crazy getting a gift card to a place like that but if they chose that lifestyle then I think they would appreciate it or at least I would.  Gift card to a book store for a new book.  Is she a journal type person, if so a nice journal?  Guessing not.   

If she's a minimalist I would stay away from collectibles.  How about a really nice set of sheets from BBB. They have some tht are eco friendly.  Then with a fun note about relaxing when she gets off work.  Some are probably thinking that sounds more like a wedding gift. Or how about a funky Stethescope?

Okay, when I googled gifts some ideas were a really nice pen set(one guy said no-way to this), that's personalized for her desk or pocket for writing prescriptions. Mini vacation get away for a few days.  The other idea was to get a bunch of nice frames, and put photos of them, friends, you guys etc in them and even write personal notes ont he backs of the frames for her home and desk, a portfolio or briefcase. 

so those should get maybe some ideas flowing.

• What about an engraved stethoscope??
    Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09