Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

They closed down my sisters school

a girl is said to have the swine flu and the closed down the school until the 7th. my sister doesnt know the girl. and we have no clue how the girl is doing at this point. My sisters prom which was supposed to be this saturday is also been canceled. sad... a 200 dress nonrefundable!

oh well...

was gonna spend my saturday driving her around to her hair and make up appointments...no i guess we'll just play dress up at home..lol 

Re: They closed down my sisters school

• This might sound lame, but my friends and I did this back in high school when we had a cancelled prom. My friends and I got dressed up anyway and went out for dinner. The people at the restaurant thought it was a cool idea. Could you both get dressed up and go out for dinner together? Maybe invite some of her friends along...

• What county in your sisters school?
  • she should definitely still go out!

sucks that her prom got cancelled but I'm sure they all understand about the health situation. I'm glad they're taking this seriously and nipping it in the bud.

• image srs0630:

This might sound lame, but my friends and I did this back in high school when we had a cancelled prom. My friends and I got dressed up anyway and went out for dinner. The people at the restaurant thought it was a cool idea. Could you both get dressed up and go out for dinner together? Maybe invite some of her friends along...

My brother's friends did this too (except they ditched prom, vs having it cancelled).  They went to McDonalds and went and played mini golf in heels, dresses, and tuxedos.

The pictures are a RIOT.

• Those are good ideas. I think theyre waiting to see if its rescheduled but if not we'll definetly do something fun.

Lisa- shes goes to school in Corona  Lee Polard High school. 

• image Spitfire2008:
    image srs0630:

This might sound lame, but my friends and I did this back in high school when we had a cancelled prom. My friends and I got dressed up anyway and went out for dinner. The people at the restaurant thought it was a cool idea. Could you both get dressed up and go out for dinner together? Maybe invite some of her friends along...

My brother's friends did this too (except they ditched prom, vs having it cancelled).  They went to McDonalds and went and played mini golf in heels, dresses, and tuxedos.

The pictures are a RIOT.

That sounds more fun than ours. We just went out for dinner, hit the mall, and saw a movie, all in gowns and heels. It's a small town... and the mini golf courses weren't open yet for the season. Our prom was early that year and because of that we got cancelled because of all the threats that were happening in the weeks after Columbine.

• This is too bad. No prom because of the flu.

They should go out anyway. I second the mini golf excursion.

(The only schools in this area that are closed are in the boroughs of NYC -- 3 parochial schools shut down on their own accord)