We are seriously considering building a house but it wouldn't have a possession date until Jan/Feb 2010. After talking to lots of people and thinking about things I have a couple of questions for anyone who has built a house.
1. Can you put conditions on your offer to the builder (ie. conditional upon sale of our current residence)?
2. Can a builder change the possession date even if the contract has a specific possession date written in it?
3. Are there any hidden costs when building?
4. Are there any closing costs with building? Would we have any closing costs associated with selling our condo?
5. What kind of research should I do on the builder (we've already looked at the BBB website)? They are new in Alberta but have been in eastern Canada and the USA for years.
Anyone that can offer input on any kind I'd be very appreciative.