North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

? for my fellow pregnant nesties

When you first started feeling movements, whereabouts on your torso did you feel them?  Very low?...closer to mid-section...

I know the baby is still low so it would make sense to feel them around where they place the doppler at doctor's appointments, but wanted to make sure my logic was sound.

I'm afraid to ask this one on 2nd tri.

Re: ? for my fellow pregnant nesties

• Id be afraid to ask anyting on the 2nd tri board! LOL

For me, it was inbetween the navel and the pubic bone. right there in the middle, and sometimes even lower. And it felt like tiny little "taps" from within.   Are you feelin' him/her? or just asking so that you know?

• Just asking so I know...I think what I'm feeling is gas since it's too early, but my mind still wonders.
  • When I thought I started feeling the baby, it was random taps on the right side, kind of level with the belly button.  I think that was probably gas though.

The day I think I really felt her, it was different, more like a flutter and it was right in between my belly button and pubic bone, directly in the middle (very low).  That was around 17 weeks, 3 days.

By the time of our ultrasound, I was definitely feeling her wiggle.  By that weekend (18w4d) I had that sweet tea at the BBQ restaurant and felt her kick like 12 times in a row!  I usually feel her on the right side.

It's so fun and I think you will just know when it's really the baby :)

Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • The first time I knew it was Braden, it was super low and on the left side - almost even with my hip bone.

The first few times I thought I felt him, it was a fluttery feeling.. almost like popcorn popping in my belly.  When I knew it was him for sure, it was a pretty strong kick in one spot.  That was around 18 weeks.

image image
    imageimage
  • image Madisen:
    Just asking so I know...I think what I'm feeling is gas since it's too early, but my mind still wonders.

I started feeling Zoe at 16 1/2 wks. I was feeling something one day, and pretty much assumed it was gas. but then the next day felt it again but that time i just knew it wasnt gas. and i felt it a few times in a row. From then on it gets stronger every week! I felt her have the hiccups for the first time at 20 1/2 weeks. That was so amusing!  Feeling them move in there really is just the coolest thing ever!

• The easiest description I can give is it felt like a twitch. You know when you have a twitch in your eyebrow or something? It was like that. And it was low.

It was also amazing.

• image Manalyzer:

The easiest description I can give is it felt like a twitch. You know when you have a twitch in your eyebrow or something? It was like that. And it was low.

It was also amazing.

Thats a great description!

• Feeling the hiccups is the coolest thing! DD got them all the time, it was pretty incredible.
  • I still cannot tell the difference between kicks and hiccups.  How do you figure this out? Huh?
    Mungee and Me

• Hiccups are rythmic - like when you have the hiccups.  Kicks are just random.  When B had them, my entire belly jumped. 
    image image
    imageimage
  • image Kristin&Adam:
    Hiccups are rythmic - like when you have the hiccups.  Kicks are just random.  When B had them, my entire belly jumped. 

Maybe I have felt them then.  Is it usually only 2-3 at a time?

Mungee and Me

• image Mrs_W_Pookie:

image Kristin&Adam:
    Hiccups are rythmic - like when you have the hiccups.  Kicks are just random.  When B had them, my entire belly jumped. 

Maybe I have felt them then.  Is it usually only 2-3 at a time?

I guess it could be?  When B had them, it usually lasted for a few minutes at a time and happened every few seconds.

image image
    imageimage
  • Id say several in a row.  I end up laughing, and i think it scares her into stopping. lol