International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Andrea

Re: Andrea

• hey! thanks for asking! It is such a crazy story. She stopped eating for 6 weeks. SIX weeks. They took her off all her medicine that was making her live longer. Most people live 4 weeks before they pass away.

My grandmother, who has always marched to her own drum, improved. The doctors can't figure out how, but she was getting better! Not better in terms of getting out of bed and being independent again, but she wasn't near death, at all.

So she got frustrated and basically said screw it, I am going to eat again, and started eating again. The problem is she still wants to die, and says so everyday.

So now we are just waiting, she is still in hospice, but we don't really know. She has good days and bad days and in between days and the whole thing is just really really hard.
    DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]
  • I read the blog your uncle writes and was crazy to hear since she is getting better they need to move her out of hospice. 

Is your dad planning on going back out after Singapore? (if he gets out!)

• I don't know if he is going out or not, this is all so unexpected! My dad did get out of quarantine, which is good. And they are letting my grandma stay in hospice, which is also good

How is your new house? Are you enjoying it?

DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]
  • We are loving the house and finally get a few more things to put the finishing touches on it!  I got a nice buffet for our dining room from home goods (we will not find a match to our table since my grandfather made it).  So we went for accent pieces and colors.  Now I just am on the hunt for a new rug in the dining room.  It all comes together in time. 

Any luck for Lee yet?