Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thursday Randoms

13»

Re: Thursday Randoms

• It's not even 2:00 and I'm already hungry again.  I guess my lunch wasn't that filling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kerri, I know what you mean.  I was hungry about 5 minutes after I ate my lunch!  (And I am still hungry...)
  • I just ate my baggie of carrots.  I made up some instant oatmeal, and I'm now I'm eating that.  Or I should say choking it down.  Something about Apple - Cinnamon oatmeal in the afternoon that doesn't do it for me.

PSA:  I went to Bath and Body Works last night.  Their hand soaps are 4/$10 right now.  I thought that was a deal.  I stocked up.  :-)

• I'm making a roast in the crockpot and it smells SO good.  It's making me hungry, even though I ate about an hour & 1/2 ago.
    [IMG]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g394/lifesthebeach/Jamaica161.jpg[/IMG]
  • This weather makes me want to nap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • Whew.  Work has been busy these past 2 days.  It's weird.  But welcome since it's been so slow.  Now I'm all caught up for the  moment.

MrsLakos - I can't place the quote, I know it's a funny movie though.  Like a Adam Sandler type silly but I can't place it.

• image LVila:
    Where is Tigers? Is that poor woman slaving away at work?

Awwww!  Thanks for missing me!  I missed you guys too. 

I just had a 2 hour long sustainable business class.  We calculated our Footprints.  Look for a new post so that we can compare.

• I'm currently stuck in a Metro Health waiting room...for probably another hour at least.

Fox News is on...Hmm...and I've already seen about 97 stories on swine flu.

I keep typing "swine flu" as "swine flue." And that makes me want a fireplace.

I need entertainment, people.

• BETH!  Get out of the hospital!  SWIN FLUE!

I'm back.  I took some time to concussion proof my work area (thanks Lvila!).  And now it's much more user friendly.  Can I tell you what I had to move to get this done?  A drum kit.  A futon.  Amps.  An Olympic torch from the Salt Lake City games.  A rice steamer that's missing the top basket...

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • Aww. You guys and your healthy snacks. I made mini cupcakes this morning and I've had about 6. I figure 6 minis probably only make up 1 big. Right? RIGHT?
  • image GRsweetpea:

BETH!  Get out of the hospital!  SWIN FLUE!

I'm back.  I took some time to concussion proof my work area (thanks Lvila!).  And now it's much more user friendly.  Can I tell you what I had to move to get this done?  A drum kit.  A futon.  Amps.  An Olympic torch from the Salt Lake City games.  A rice steamer that's missing the top basket...

This fits perfectly in the RANDOM thread. :)

• If yourself feeling hungry soon after meals/snacks - make sure you're getting protein+fiber+carbs with each meal or snack.  It should keep you fuller longer.

• image MrsJuliD:

MrsLakos - I can't place the quote, I know it's a funny movie though.  Like a Adam Sandler type silly but I can't place it.

Lol.  It's from SuperTroopers.

• image MrsLakos:
    image MrsJuliD:

Lol.  It's from SuperTroopers.

YES!!  Ha ha.  Meow I remember. Wink

• I love Full House. I'm so sad that the Olson twins and Jodi Sweeten turned out to not be very productive members of society.
  • image LVila:
    I love Full House. I'm so sad that the Olson twins and Jodi Sweeten turned out to not be very productive members of society.

YAY!  I have a ridiculous love for Full House.  My friends and I were the biggest fans back in the day and I love catching repeats.

• So I explained Vendor Payment Terms to temp lady for the 10th time because I got a call from a vendor who had 3 invoices past due. Another 15-20 min later, I get an email from another vendor whose invoices are past due.  Argh. 
  • image MrsLakos:
    So I explained Vendor Payment Terms to temp lady for the 10th time because I got a call from a vendor who had 3 invoices past due. Another 15-20 min later, I get an email from another vendor whose invoices are past due.  Argh. 

Not Good!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image adreajoy713:

image MrsLakos:
    So I explained Vendor Payment Terms to temp lady for the 10th time because I got a call from a vendor who had 3 invoices past due. Another 15-20 min later, I get an email from another vendor whose invoices are past due.  Argh. 

Not Good!

Not good at all!

• image MrsLakos:

Sounds like you need a new Temp.

• image Desmond&MollyJones:
    image adreajoy713:

image MrsLakos:

Not Good!

Not good at all!

I feel  like I've been repeating myself over and over again trying to get her to understand and pay attention to what the invoice says because not all vendors have Net 30 day terms.  Some have 10 day, some have due upon receipt, some have 20 day, hell they could put whatever number they want and we'd have to pay them by then. 

• image MrsLakos:
    image Desmond&MollyJones:
    image adreajoy713:

image MrsLakos:

Not Good!

Not good at all!

I feel  like I've been repeating myself over and over again trying to get her to understand and pay attention to what the invoice says because not all vendors have Net 30 day terms.  Some have 10 day, some have due upon receipt, some have 20 day, hell they could put whatever number they want and we'd have to pay them by then. 

I think you need to talk to someone about this Temp. I can't believe she has this attitude when she isn't technically hired in AND the economy is so terrible! I'd be really irritated and I'm sure your boss would be angry that bills aren't being paid.