Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Graduation party debacle

2»

Re: Graduation party debacle

• image DaringMiss:

My mother and I fought about the food at my graduation party from law school.  (note: I was paying for it)  She kept telling me that I couldn't serve this or that.  I finally told her that it was my party and I could serve what I want.  She responded that this party wasn't all about me.  To which I said, "Actually mom, this is about me.  It is all about me.  My sacrifice, hard work and the student loans that I will be paying back for the next 20 years.  This is the probably the one time in my life that it is utterly ALL ABOUT ME!"

I wore an "It's all about me" tshirt at the party.  I will be happy to mail it to you if you want.

This!  This is hilarious.  If I were you, I'd get the t-shirt from DaringMiss. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is pretty awesome...I just may get that shirt! It would make the point, eh?
  • Send me a PM and I will mail it to you. ?

• 1) I definitely wouldn't.

2) Talk to her about it yourself.  Having your dh do it puts him in a weird spot (she's your mom, not his).