International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

well I shouldn't have read that post.

So I just read the post below about the swine flu and it got me thinking.  tomorrow is queen's day here in amsterdam and our plan had been to go out and about all day with quint in tow.  Now I'm wondering if I should scrap it because it's huge crowds of people who have traveled here from tons of other places.  Wouldn't that be the easiest way to catch it this swine flu?  Large crowds of travels.  And from what I understand, you aren't going to be able to avoid touching people it is so crowded.

would you go out tomorrow or stay home?

EDIT: Pre-baby i would have NEVER even cared.  Darn motherhood.

Re: well I shouldn't have read that post.

• I think the concern over swine flu is blown way out of proportion. ?Thousands of people die from the regular flu every year in the U.S. alone and no one ever seems to be worried about that. ?That being said though, I am not a mom. ?Would it be possible to get a sitter for him that day?
  • I wouldn't worry about it - unless you have a huge influx of travelers from Mexico coughing and kissing all over you, I think you'll be fine.

I'm actually here in KS - where they've had a couple of confirmed cases and we're still living life as normal. It's the flu, not ebola - and I think the reason that it's such a widespread outbreak in Mexico is that they don't have a reliable health care system for people and in many rural areas, it's still very 3rd world - which helps it spread that much faster. I believe if I've read correctly, this flu virus is weakend by some of the treatments that have been administered, so it's not like it's a life threatening disease that can't be treated.  

• people where actually wearing orange masks on the streets :)

Katie---I requested a babysitter from an agency 6 months ago (when we almost very first moved there).  They have something like 125 babysitters on their roll.  Not one wanted to babysit on Queen's Day.  I even offered to pay double because at the time, we planned on getting together with a bunch of friends and renting a boat but still no one wanted to babysit!

• image twopeasinapod:

people where actually wearing orange masks on the streets :)

?

Katie---I requested a babysitter from an agency 6 months ago (when we almost very first moved there).? They have something like 125 babysitters on their roll.? Not one wanted to babysit on Queen's Day.? I even offered to pay double because at the time, we planned on getting together with a bunch of friends and renting a boat but still no one wanted to babysit!

That possibility didn't occur to me. ?How was Queen's Day, did you end up taking him out??