Phoenix Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: Hello Everyone......

Hello Phoenix nesties...

I just have a quick question of the day.   How long did you wait to introduce your SO to your family?  Your responses would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Re: Hello Everyone......

• A LONG TIME... but only because I didn't think my dad would approve of me marrying someone who wasn't Armenian. ?Thank God, he was totally ok and happy.

I introduced him to my sister and her family about 6 months in. My mom was more like a year and my dad was 2 years. ??

• Hmm, i had to think about this for a minute....

He never met my mom, as we started dating in Dec 2004 and she passed away in July 2005. At that time, he met my whole family because he came to the funeral with me. I wouldnt let him meet my boys (i have 3 from a previous relationship) until I knew we were going strong! It wasnt fair to them, so he met them in August 2005. We were married in May 2007.

<a target="_blank" href="http://crazymomadventures.blogspot.com">Adventures of a Mom</a>

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/jvivace98/Summer2011009-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Where is time going??
  • My situation was a little different- he was my roomate before we started dating!  My Mom met him before he moved in, my siblings met him the weekend before we "got together", and my Dad met him about a month into dating.  I don't think there a right or wrong timeline, it just depends on your relationship and your family.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i met my DH in college, we started dating in january and he met my folks on a spring break visit home, so maybe 2-3 months?
  • My DH & I were long distance traveling back and forth.  I knew my parents were a bit nervous about me going to another state to be with this "guy", so I introduced them quickly to help put their mind to ease. 1 month.